So much pain questions, please help!

Pain question and colonoscopy advice needed!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

So much pain questions, please help!

Postby calipolo » 02 Nov 2015, 11:01

Hi all, new to the forum although I have read a lot of posts here. I have had some bleeding and pain on and off for six months and I thought I had hemorrhoids. Finally went to the doctor due to intolerable pain a week ago. The doctor couldn't see anything because there was too much blood but said no hemorrhoids, and thinks it is a fissure. Prescribed nitroglycerin, 600 mg ibuprofen, Vicodin and lidocain. Referred to a gastro.
I know you all say not to take the Vicodin but it takes all of those meds including the Vicodin to take my pain from a 9 to 5. I tried to not take the Vicodin yesterday and seriously almost passed out in Safeway. I am also taking stool softeners and miralax. My stool is soft and easy to pass, any idea on the increase in pain??? I am going to run out of Vicodin in a few days and I don't know what I am going to do. I think I may end up in the emergency room because I am in so much pain. I just had a baby 7 weeks ago and i wish I was in labor again that was much less painful than this. I have lost four pounds in a week because I know what goes in must come out. I hate this I want it to go away it is ruining my life.
I am also having a colonoscopy on Wednesday and am so so terrified of the prep and procedure. How do I deal with the fact that the prep is going to make me to go the bathroom a ton? I am also scared that the procedure is going to make things worse and they are going to tear me further. Any advice would be appreciated here.
calipolo

Topics: 1

Re: So much pain questions, please help!

Postby Kari-bee » 02 Nov 2015, 22:55

Hi,
Sorry it's such a difficult time! Just a few thoughts:

I wonder if your colonoscopy can be delayed until you are healed, or at least not in such acute pain.

My doctor said it's not good to have your stool too soft, that it should be formed but soft. If you are taking two kinds of stool softeners, I wonder if yours are too soft?

Are you taking sitz baths and washing the area after each BM?

Hopefully the medication will start to help and your pain level will decrease soon! Hang in there.

Karen
Kari-bee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Postby calipolo » 03 Nov 2015, 10:45

I am trying to do a sitz bath when I can but with a seven week old baby that is not always an option. Doctor wants the colonoscopy asap because of family history. I am feeling sorry for my self today I don't know how I am going to get through the prep today as I am already in pain this morning from a normal BM. I feel like I am being a baby and no one understands, family thinks I am over reacting and it is frustrating me.
calipolo

Topics: 1

Postby Savaici » 03 Nov 2015, 20:27

Good luck with it all! The taking of the nasty medicine pre-colonoscopy is never fun. I only had a sigmoidoscopy, but had to do the dreaded enema, etc.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Savaici » 03 Nov 2015, 20:31

Just focus on tomorrow and it will soon all be over. Thinking of you, and whenever you need to vent/rant, feel free as we have all been in some sort of ghastly pain here, so in one way or another, we are in the same boat. :smilyhug: :smilyhug:

And, by the way, :wel: to the forum. Sorry you've got to be here, so to speak, but glad you found us.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222