Fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fissure

Postby ABQfissure » 08 Nov 2015, 19:56

Hello. I am new to this group as of a few minutes ago. I am desperate for a remedy, cure, relief, etc. I have had a fissure since July 2015. I am a 32 yr old heterosexual male. I believe my fissure was a product of either a bad case of diareah or a very hard stool. I have seen a general surgeon and a Gastroenterologist. I have had a colonoscopy and was told I have a Chronic Fissure. I've used stool softeners, Diltiazam Cream and it has not improved. Sitz baths in the tub provide relief but not as much anymore. My diet can improve and am working on that. I am also developing a horrible itch or rash that seems to just add to the pain. Any info is greatly appreciated. This is dibilitating.
ABQfissure

Topics: 1

Re: Fissure

Postby Savaici » 08 Nov 2015, 20:21

Moved your post to its own thread. :wel: to the forum. Lousy place to be, so to speak, but glad you found us.

Sorry about the pain... Can I suggest you read Davo's posts as they are very good and might give you some idea of where to go from here. For fissures, by the way, much better to see a CRS. Fissures are an everyday surgery for them and they are far better to deal with this than either a GI, GP or general surgeon.

Feel free to ask any questions :sunny:

member/Davo/topics/?sf=firstpost
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby ABQfissure » 08 Nov 2015, 21:59

What is a CRS? I will read Davos posts now. Thank you
ABQfissure

Topics: 1

Postby Savaici » 09 Nov 2015, 06:32

CRS is Colon and Rectal Surgeon and Anal Fissures they know well!

Diltiazem, by the way, eventually causes itching to just about all of us, sadly, but you can ask for Nifedipine (similar) or Nitro (gives headaches to some) instead. Use the search info below to search. I hope you got something out of Davo's posts.

Use this Search above (between FAQ and Portal), just under the information about the forum. There you can search by Topic, and other ways, which makes finding posts much easier. Enter Nifedipine as a topic, for example, for posts that othere have put up with that topic, and so on. Ignore the search on the right as it is not as thorough.  

Let us know how you do.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222