blood pressure

high blood pressure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

blood pressure

Postby Shania213 » 14 Nov 2015, 16:17

Hi

Just a question- is there a correlation between high blood pressure and an anal fissure not healing?

Also when I had blood tests they struggled to get blood out of my arm?

wondering if this is somehow linked to my fissure not healing or taking a long time to heal?

The doc mentioned that that my blood pressure was a bit high but didn't say anything about taking any meds.

:afsmile:

Any thoughts appreciated

Shania
Shania213
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: blood pressure

Postby jay1975 » 14 Nov 2015, 17:31

The only way I could imaging BP corresponding to AF's is if the AF's we're the result of a diet that effects both. For example, red meat, poultry, fried foods, etc. All these things cause high blood pressure AND will cause constipation which can result in AF's
jay1975
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Savaici » 14 Nov 2015, 21:54

High blood pressure is not something we can give an opinion on here, Shania, and is best left to your doctor. However, you could get yourself a blood pressure kit at the pharmacy and test it for yourself over a few weeks and report back to the doctor after that.

By the way, it's not uncommon that your BP rises at the doctor. White coat syndrome :sunny:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Shania213 » 15 Nov 2015, 02:30

Thanks- I didn't think there was a link. I will get a blood pressure kit-she wasn't overally worried.

Thanks again
Shania213
Salt Bather

Postby chachacha » 15 Nov 2015, 10:06

It's very good that your doctor wasn't overly worried. I saw a news piece on TV recently that said that the medical community now believes that there is a very large percentage of people on blood pressure meds who shouldn't be on them, because all they have is "white coat syndrome". They actually recommend that no patient is prescribed drugs until they've used a home cuff for a period of time and brought those readings in to their doctor for analysis. I was actually one of those people and was on drugs for 2 years back in my 20's (I'm mid 50's now). I can't recall how we determined that I actually didn't need the medications, but my blood pressure has been stellar ever since, except in new medical situations when it is always high. Also, your blood pressure will be higher when you're in pain, and mine was through the roof on the day of my LIS surgery back in January. Those bursts are not reason to medicate though and my pressure is always a desirable 120/80 at my own doctor's office, at home (my husband does have high blood pressure so has a cuff I can use) and my pressure was also perfect in recovery and during the few hours I remained at the hospital before going home.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Shania213 » 22 Nov 2015, 07:26

Thankyou everyone for this!

Im pleased to say that when I borrowed my father in laws blood pressure monitor it is back to normal! phew...we checked it a few times and it is good along with heart rate so one problem solved for now!

Thanks everyone for input

Shania
Shania213
Salt Bather