anal fizzure query please

GTN and sudocream..

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

anal fizzure query please

Postby mrsvcasey » 18 Nov 2015, 19:25

Hi just curious.. Iv stopped using proctosydl ointment today as it was my 4th week using it. And it was doing something strange I THINK to my outside anal area. It was causing skimping.. Like the skin was coming off and extreme itch that u wouldn't imagine. Bowel movements started feeling like I was passing glass. And it feel prickly and sore to spread my bum cheeks. Just wondering is the Dr correct in saying I developed a sensitivity to this cream? I found the proctosydl ointment was working it was taking the feeling off something been up my bum away and my anal fizzure is now 50% healed ... But my Dr changed my cream to GTN 0.4%. Twice a day every 12 hours. I took my first dose today and developed a mild throbbing headache about 20 mins after it was applyed... Just wondering will this continue to heal my fizzure and will it heal the outside skin also?? I forgot to ask fr could I use something like sudocream on outside while using this GTN cream as I find my outside skin is very dry especially for passing stools as the GTN gets wiped off and I feel I have nothing lubricating it. Just wondering will it continue to heal the fizzure... As I'm a bit anxious over it and I am determined to get better. Iv never had much pain with my fizzure thank god altho I began getting this prickly sore feeling while passing stools on outside . I'd appreciate any anwsers for my query from someone who knows what I'm talking about please need an anwser asap as I need to know if I can use sudocream in between doses off GTN thanks
mrsvcasey
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: anal fizzure query please

Postby msimon » 19 Nov 2015, 03:55

Hi there. I see no reason that Sudocream could not be used in between using your GTN. I think that about 20 minutes after you apply the GTN, your absorption of that dose it pretty well maxed and as long as you apply it I think you will be fine (as long as you apply it to clean skin it should absorb fine). Definitely stay away from the proctosydl though as it contains a steroid that is not for long-term use as it thins the skin. It also has an analgesic in it which may be causing you to react (this can happen after repeated use). Steroid creams can also make you susceptible to infection, particularly yeast, which can cause itching. The GTN can work wonders for fissures, and the headaches will get better as long as you start by applying a small amount and gradually increase, as tolerated. It can take several weeks to heal, however, often prescribed for up to 8 weeks. Hope this answers your questions...
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby mrsvcasey » 19 Nov 2015, 08:24

Hi thank you so much for ur reply. I defiantly think there is something going on around the skin outside the opening of my anus but i think it could be the proctosydl ointment that has caused this. So far I'm on 2nd go off GTN and I have once again another bad headache along with vertigo. So it has set off pressure in my head which I'm worried about but my Dr seemed confident that this was the peak off it and it will get better. My blood pressure is fine. She did say exactly what you and that is to slowly increase the amount when I get used to the amount I'm on now which is 2cm until I build up a tolerance to that amount as I'm to scared to take anymore lol. UV given me some hope this GTN cream is wrote all over the forums so im sure if proctosydl ointment has it 50℅ healed then I'm sure GTN will do the job hopefully. See I never had pain with my fizzure only the first day after I had a belt off constipation. And the blood filled the toilet. But in last 6 weeks the only complaint iv really gone about is the feeling off something up my bum moving when I get up and down which could be the swelling because Dr said i don't have hemmoroids. Which I hope I don't beciase that's the last thing I need my god its hard enough as it is. I'm eating sane thing every day because I'm afraid if I change my food I'll get constipated so I made a appointment with diatician
mrsvcasey
Fibre Addict

Postby msimon » 19 Nov 2015, 13:05

Can I ask what Country you are in? I wonder if another one of the ointments may be available to you.
msimon

Postby mrsvcasey » 19 Nov 2015, 13:16

Ireland but is GTN not enough because my headache has gone now a lot less than yesterday my head feels good right now and my bum feels OK appart from the slight itch feeling see here in Ireland my Dr never heard off a sitz bath lol
mrsvcasey
Fibre Addict

Postby msimon » 19 Nov 2015, 13:34

GTN will be just as effective as the others. The only difference is that the others are not as likely to cause a headache. If you can handle the GTN then there is no concern.
msimon

Postby mrsvcasey » 19 Nov 2015, 13:38

Ya I'd prefer to Handel it. My fizzure is 50% healed on the proctosydl ointment. I have a skin tag on outside off my anal opening its quite itchy but Dr said it no harm. Idk why my outside area is so tender and itchy I cannot understand wether it was the proctosydl or not. My fizzure is just inside the opening on the side. I'm terrified it won't heal fully I'm scared and don't like the idea off surgery. But if it 50% healed will the GTN heal it fully?
mrsvcasey
Fibre Addict

Postby msimon » 19 Nov 2015, 13:41

Give it time and have faith. Fact is, most people heal on these ointments but it can take quite a while, up to 8 weeks. Make sure you keep your BMs soft and use the ointment as prescribed and you have a good chance to heal this :)
msimon

Postby mrsvcasey » 19 Nov 2015, 13:53

I have had this for 6 weeks so far with 4 of those weeks on proctosydl ointment and its 50% healed. I am on 2 movicols a day, eating a high fiber diet and drinking lots of water so trying to keep them soft but still petrified that it will harden and cause the passing glass feeling
mrsvcasey
Fibre Addict