White mucous-like liquid

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

White mucous-like liquid

Postby powderblue » 22 Nov 2015, 08:11

So, I've been having issues with AF for the past 2 years now (the first year was absolute hell). Had a LIS and 2 Botox and things are slowly improving - I no longer get those horrible spasms.

Now in the past 3 months I have noticed a new symptom: I would have a BM in the morning, and about 1-3 hours later my bottom will get a bit tender and I would see a white-clear liquid come out. If I apply toilet paper to my anus I would see a spot of it, it is not a lot, always about a drop. What is interesting, is that if I press on the skin outside the anus I sometimes would see more of this liquid come out. The liquid does not have any smell to it.

Now I had a colonoscopy recently (2 weeks ago) and they did not find anything.

What could this be? Maybe this is an abcess or perhaps an internal inflammation of some sort? What should I do?
powderblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: White mucous-like liquid

Postby Manitourose » 22 Nov 2015, 13:47

Powerblue --
I would definitely check with your CRS about this. It could be nothing, hemorrhoids can produce mucus, could be reaction/irritation post colonoscopy or it could be a fistula. I had no abscess but developed what you describe. I had never had a diagnosed fissure or previous surgery, just the symptoms of that and it was diagnosed as a idiopathic fistula.

Does the liquid seem to look like it comes out around the anus out of like a pinhole?

Anyways, try not to stress, it could be just random but your doctor can help sort you out. Thinking of you!
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby anniebee » 22 Nov 2015, 13:50

I currently have an abscess and have surgery in a couple of days. I suffer from excruciating pain almost 24/7 along with a significant amount of odorless discharge that I did not pay attention to. I thought it was the ointment that I had been using. I would definitely get it checked out. My CRS said the pain was due to the abscess. You are not noting a lot of pain so it could be something else??? I have never had a colonoscopy so I don't know if that could be causing your symptoms.
anniebee
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby powderblue » 22 Nov 2015, 18:42

Yikes! Can you please define the significant amount? What are we talking about here?

I had the same symptoms before the colonoscopy. What are the symptoms of access?
powderblue
Salt Bather

Postby anniebee » 22 Nov 2015, 21:39

Hi Powderblue. I did put a reply together and it did not end up here..LoL. don't know what happened to it. Anyway, I will make this second attempt.
Putting toilet paper between cheeks and checking at various intervals during the day, it is soaked, saturated with the liquid plus mucous and blood. I have had pain 24/7 pre Bm, post Bm. The pain is excruciating and CRS said that was a big clue to it being an abscess. Hems do not hurt like that and fissures while horrifically painful, subside even if it takes many hours after a BM..
I remember noting a few months ago how my "fissure/hem" pain was getting worse. I would have previous to that, hours of decent less painful hours. The abscess for me, is relentless. I can't sit, lay in bed etc. as the pain is very significant. Since you had a colonoscopy, your dr. would have perhaps seen an abscess???? I have been like this for months actually and I am 4 weeks past abscess diagnosis and was put on urgent surgery list.
So, although very painful, it's obvious that the dr, thought i could wait. In telling you this, even "if" you did have an abscess it is from my experience, something that they do not have to rush you into surgery for.. although my suffering makes me wish it was dealt with immediately. There is such a fear factor in having an abscess so I understand your "yikes!". See if you an get checked out soon.
anniebee
Salt Bather

Postby powderblue » 23 Nov 2015, 09:36

The doctor did not see any abscess during the colonoscopy. And I don't have huge pain, but definitely tenderness in that area, plus some discharge - probably 5-10 drops per day. I looked up symptoms for anal abscess and this does not appear to be quite it - I am not on any painkillers and this has been going on for a few months now.
Any suggestions on what my options are?
powderblue
Salt Bather

Postby anniebee » 23 Nov 2015, 10:58

Other than having CRS check you, I do not really know. Wish I could be of more help to you as I know it is disconcerting. I would have never known i had one if I didn't get checked. I thought I had fissure pain, sentinel piles, hems but not an abscess.
anniebee
Salt Bather