Considering surgery...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Considering surgery...

Postby Guest » 14 Feb 2008, 04:35

Yes, she's beautiful. She's so embarrassed I put her photo there.
It's Valentines Day today, so I got out of trouble.

Postby dano » 15 Feb 2008, 21:17

hey,im a little late on the subject..but i'll put my2 cents in as well,i had a fissure for 6 months before i went to a gastroentoligst and he gave me the nitroglycerin cream 2%...i then "graduated" to the 5% nitrocream,which you could probably run your car off of,anyway,i was very frustrated and though surgerey was gonna be the only way out.my DR. was very much against surgery,ONLY after all else fails would he even consider it,told me stay on the cream..damn if it didnt work! like 3-4 months on the cream it was gone,plus while on the cream it really didnt hurt much. it was bothersome,but not terrible like before.you may have already tried this,i dont know..im glad i did....
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby juney » 18 Feb 2008, 12:01

dano - how are you doing?
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby SunshineHope » 22 Feb 2008, 14:16

Wow - thank you all so much for your responses... I wasn't expecting so much lovee :) Image :(+: Thank ya!
I haven't logged on in ages because of Midterm Exams, but just wanted to say thanks for all of the advice, it has really made me consider my decision. At this point, I've decided not to go for surgery at least any time soon. I have faith in my healing power, I think I didn't heal fully in the past because I was never consistent with my medicine. I've been using aloe vera for about a month now, and the pain on one side of my anus (where I had two fissures) is gone - although I'm sure the fissures are still there, just healing. My skin tag has also been shrinking, I've actually noticed the size getting smaller. All I'm using is aloe vera. I don't even drink that much water honestly, but I'm just keeping up with avoiding dairy (some is totally ok for me, surprisingly, but some is horrible so I don't even go there). Things have been going well like this so I'm going to keep it up and see how it goes.
Again thanks everyone for your support and guidance.. I hope youre in ass heaven.. Lots of love :}{:,
Image Image
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Feb 2008, 11:52

Hi Sunshine!
Glad to hear things are healing! Are you still booked for surgery?
Deleted User 5