Just had botox and fissurectomy help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Just had botox and fissurectomy help

Postby Tejas123 » 07 May 2015, 07:13

Hi, I had a botox procedure yesterday under general anaesthetic. The surgeon also performed a fissurectomy and cauterised the wound. I had a chronic fissure and then multiple fissures at 7 and 8 oclock.

The main thing I'm worrying about at the moment is they put in an internal dressing, which until this morning was sticking out of my bum. I tried to take it out last night in the bath but I couldn't as I was swollen, then this morning it had disappeared into my bum, is this normal? Will it just come out when I go the toilet?
I dont like the idea of having a soggy dressing stuck in my bum :cry: can't be very sterile. Scared about the first BM now, it's going to be painful.

Another thing that was mentioned in my notes is that I had "faecal loading" which the nurse said is constipation, which is weird as I have IBS and had diarrhoea that morning. I get this quite a lot, it never feels like I'm quite finished but I don't really know what to do about it, it seems to happen however I manage my diet. The doc has given me lactulose and I'm not sure if it will help or not, as I'm used to taking a little movicol each day.

So yeah I'm sore and stressed about it all, hoping someone can give me some advice, it would be much appreciated. Thanks
Tejas123
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Just had botox and fissurectomy help

Postby Apes » 07 May 2015, 09:28

I have not heard of internal dressing after such a procedure. I would think it would come out after a bowel movement but I think I would call the doctor and explain the situation to them. Good luck, Botox worked for me but took a long time to heal.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Re: Just had botox and fissurectomy help

Postby LauraK » 24 Nov 2015, 21:19

I had a really annoying dressing in my bum after both my hemorrhoidectomy as well as with my recent LIS surgery. It does come out with the first bowel movement. I have been taking a probiotic faithfully, as well as 300 mg daily of colace. You want it to be soft!!! Magnesium also helps or miralax. It needs to become a daily routine to keep stools soft. As for the dressing, I called my doc three days after my LIS surgery bc my dressing had not yet come out and I hadn't had a BM. He said the dressings are soaked in some type of solution that prevents bacteria growth, so I wouldn't be too worried.
LauraK
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1