Nitroglycerin reaction? HELP!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Nitroglycerin reaction? HELP!!

Postby jazelazrbeam » 25 Nov 2015, 22:13

Hi,
So I've had this anal fissure for a few years now, and I got prescribed nitroglycerin after high fiber diets, supplements, medicated suppositories and sitz baths failed. I put the cream on for the first time and it hurt SO BAD. It was almost the worst pain ever, I almost fainted and threw up. It brought me to my knees. This lasted for about 20 minutes. My anus is really sensitive and it's uncomfortable to put anything on it, but I've never had this happen before. The doctor on call told me to stop using it due to the "side effects".
Has anyone else has this issue with the nitroglycerin cream? And are there any other treatments?
jazelazrbeam

Topics: 2

Re: Nitroglycerin reaction? HELP!!

Postby Hafzaal » 26 Nov 2015, 08:47

Have you tried Diltiazem?
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Savaici » 26 Nov 2015, 13:14

Yes, Diltiazem and Nifedipine. Do see if your doctor will prescribe one of these. Nitro can be a bit drastic, not helped by the fact that doctors seldom tell you the side effects... Sorry yours were so drastic. :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby jazelazrbeam » 03 Dec 2015, 00:27

Hi,
I saw my doctor and she is going to try Diltiazem. She's also really concerned about my severe constipation, most likely aggravated by my antidepressant, which I'm stopping tomorrow. She also wants me to do Miralax and colace until my business gets softer which will help the fissure heal better (even though it hurts when my poop isn't hard as well). I hope this stuff works, because next up would be a sigmoidscopy which I would like to avoid if possible.
jazelazrbeam

Topics: 2

Postby anniebee » 07 Dec 2015, 00:05

I also had a severe reaction to nitro. Felt like dynamite up my butt. Diltiazem and nifedipine were ok.
anniebee
Salt Bather

Topics: 11