Celiac - fissures and fistulas any relationship?

New diagnosis possibly

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Celiac - fissures and fistulas any relationship?

Postby Manitourose » 10 Dec 2015, 11:09

Hi all --

This may not be the right place to post this and perhaps belongs under the IBS/Colitis/Crohns area. However, you guys are my wonderful support system which I could could not be more grateful for daily.

I've just started seeing a gastrointestinal doctor, the push was for a colonoscopy from my GP and CRS to rule out Crohns because of my abdominal issues not the presentation of the fistula or fissure I have dealt with (those presented normal).

The gastro doctor ran a celiac panel on me and thyroid. My celiac panel came back positive, the number was 163 which the doctor said was high but not the highest he has seen and anything over 15 is positive. So I have an endoscopy scheduled for Wednesday morning to confirm.

Has any of my fellow anal fissure board members dealt with this? Is there a correlation due to the issues with stools as a result from celiac?

I don't want to jump down a rabbit hole and may already be in it, but I worry (as an anxious person) they will find MORE wrong with me during the biopsy other than celiac. It's been a rough 2 years with my gut and bum.

Thanks SO much everyone.
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion