Never experienced more pain in my life

Anal fissure help, please??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Never experienced more pain in my life

Postby LettieHatter » 11 Dec 2015, 08:23

Ok, I just want to say I'm so glad I found this site as it has answered pretty much everything I wanted to know about fissures. So I decided to become a member. Currently I am 32 weeks pregnant with my first baby, and along with my hemorrhoids I have now seem to have given myself anal fissures, probably been suffering with them for more then a few days now. Feels like it's been forever though. I just want to know if anyone else here could help me figure out at least a way to walk around with ease, maybe even ease the pain enough to be able to pee? I know there is only so much you can do about these things and I also know the baby pressing down on my butt probably isn't helping either. I have literally been stuck in bed because they are so painful. Its to the point I'm afraid to eat anything as I do not want unnecessary trips to the bathroom. I cannot empty my constantly full bladder anymore during to the pain and I walk around with a clenched booty for fear of the unexpected toots that feel like fire coming out my ass that puts me in withering pain (makes me drop whatever I'm doing, sink to the floor or couch if I'm lucky, and roll around in pain for minutes at a time) I do not know how much more of this I can take. I'm doing everything I can to ease my pains but nothing seems to be working. I know I'm not the only suffering but this pregnancy isn't making things any better, please I am begging for some kind of advice or support here :( I don't want to be in pain anymore.
LettieHatter

Topics: 1

Re: Never experienced more pain in my life

Postby owmybum » 11 Dec 2015, 12:07

Welcome to the board...... And I'm so sorry to hear of your pain!

There are a couple of things you can do to reduce pain. Firstly I would have a nice soak in the bath at least a couple of times a day if you can... Especially after a bowel movement.
Drink plenty of water to help keep stools soft. Eat a healthy diet with plenty of fruit and veggies to keep stools soft.
Lubricate with a pea sized dollop of Vaseline on your anus before a poo.
If you can manage to do it... Put your feet up on a small stool or something when you go too.
You could always invest in a sitz bath.... You pop it on the toilet and fill it with warm water and sit in it... Very soothing... I'm sure it will prove useful after the birth too!

You could try a heat pack... Hot water bottle or wheat bag... Held to the area to ease pain.
You could even try some ice wrapped up in kitchen paper held to the area for a little while might help.

Could you go and see your dr and see if there are any stool softeners that are safe to take in pregnancy?

I hope these tips help give you some relief

:smilyhug: :wel: :baby1:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby chachacha » 11 Dec 2015, 14:23

Just wanted to pipe up about a couple of things.

First of all, since you're pregnant, you should not take a hot bath, so if you're going to soak, make sure that the water isn't hot.

The other thing I'd like to ask about, is why you think that you have a fissure? Have you seen one, or are you making this assumption based on the pain? Or do you have spasms? The reason I ask, is that I had three bouts of acutely thrombosed hemmies over a period of about 25 years, and each episode made me want to die. But after 10 years of fissure pain, I honestly can't say which event is more painful, so would say that they're about equal. The hemmie epsiodes though, only lasted for about 14 days (the middle 3 or 4 which were the most awful thing that I've ever experieneced, and I twice went to emerg because I simply could NOT stand the pain any longer). Since you say that you already have hemmorhoids, perhaps you're experiencing a thrombosed and acute attack, rather than a fissure?
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby LettieHatter » 11 Dec 2015, 16:01

Hi, thanks for the advice and replies. Honestly I didn't even know what a thrombosed hemorrhoid was until you mentioned it. I looked a bit online and then took a shower, afterwards I attempted to take a look at it with a mirror to try and see if I could see any cuts. Honestly when this started there wasn't any bleeding, and still isn't any bleeding. I was making the assumption that it was a fissure because of all the symptoms I was read in online. By now that you have mentioned thrombosed hemorrhoid you might be right. It was a struggle to try an see over my belly while squatting, I always always keep my hemorrhoids pushed inside, never let them rest out so I had to basically let them fall out a bit, only thing I saw was that they looked a little bruised , I couldn't actually see inside though for and fissures. But I do know when I go to place some coconut oil up inside it does sting and feel funny up there. So besides the hemmies I know something else is going on up inside. Could you tell me more about your experience with thrombosed hemorrhoids, are the home relief tricks the same for fissures? Thanks for bringing this up
LettieHatter

Postby chachacha » 11 Dec 2015, 17:13

I don't recall having bleeding with the thrombosed hemmies, but because it was so long ago, I'm not sure.

I was first diagnosed with a hemmorhoid by my family doctor, who thought that it should be excised and referred me to a CRS. He took a look and said that it was too late for that (needs to be done in the first 48 - 72 hours), and that my pain would get much worse over the coming days, but would resolve on its own over about 14. I left his office wondering what he had meant, and how he knew that things would get really nasty, but boy was he right! I actually wanted to die because the pain became so extreme, and went to emerg where they gave me three separate shots of demerol into my butt cheek. That did absolutely nothing for my pain, and I just had to live through the remainder of the episode. The only thing that provided any comfort at all, was a burning hot bath, so I stayed in the tub for about 4 days straight.

I'm providing a link to excising thrombosed roids, and you can see that the blue colour you're describing, might certainly indicate a thrombosed hemmorhoid.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/81039-overview

Please DO NOT be frightened by the experience that I had back in 1992 though (followed by equally nasty acutely thrombosed hemmorhoids in both 1996 and 2011) because most people with thrombosed hemmorhoids only experience minimal pain. The first two episodes happened not too long after my children were born (one episode was actually only days after my Caesarian section), so could also have been a result of the weight of the pregnancies on the anal area.

And don't forget that you should not have hot baths while you're pregnant. I don't know what other treatments you can try, but it might be a good idea to consult your doctor. At least they'd know what would be safe to use while you're pregnant, and if you visit them in person, they may also be able to give you an accurate diagnosis.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby LettieHatter » 11 Dec 2015, 18:23

Thank you for the link. My boyfriend came home tonight with a good bit of different medicines I can try and even got me tucks pads and panty liners. God I love that man, as soon as I put some preparation H cream on I immediately had to use the bathrooms, it was lik the cream made everything stuck up inside come rushing out, I couldn't stop it if I tried. Very large stool mind you I see why everyone says no to hold it in if you got to go. It was painful but bearable. A lot of the pressure is gone now and dispite not being at to push hemmies back in I feel better somehow. But due to the force of bowls coming out there was blood so I'm Hoping I didn't tear to badly but I guess we'll see. Has anyone help immediately had to use the bathroom after using preparation h cream? It was weird but I'm glad it happened :)
LettieHatter

Postby Daisy Mac » 11 Dec 2015, 22:16

I would say if you passed a large stool and felt better afterwards, it's probably not a fissure. Large stools are your worst nightmare if you have a fissure. That's a very good thing because in my experience, hems are much easier to treat than fissures. I never had an urgent need to go to the bathroom after using that type of cream. Maybe it soothed the area and relaxed things a bit? Not sure on that one, but I hope you feel better soon!
Daisy Mac
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Deleted User 4955 » 25 Feb 2016, 21:57

On the same note, I noticed that when I use preparation H on my fissure I would be bent over in pain within a matter of minutes. The preparation H tightens everything up and if you have a fissure that is the worst possible thing. When I first thought that I had hemorrhoids, before I was diagnosed with a fissure, I made the mistake of using a preparation H suppositories and spend the rest of the night crying in a hot bathtub.
Deleted User 4955

Postby Savaici » 25 Feb 2016, 22:07

Yes! Leave off the Preparation H...
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222