18 y/o HEMORRHOIDS/BANDING/COLONOSCOPY

External hemmies

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

18 y/o HEMORRHOIDS/BANDING/COLONOSCOPY

Postby ah97 » 16 Dec 2015, 11:53

Hello, my name is Adam (18) and it turns out I've had small external hemoroids for around 9ish months. Went to my GI yesterday and that was confirmed. I also have a few internals as well. According to my GI I just need to have the internals banded and then the small externals will go away. Good news is I'm just in minor discomfort and no pain/blood and never have had any. I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy the 28th (nervous). Anyway just wondering if anyone could relate or had any advice! :thanx:
ah97
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: 18 y/o male hemoroids

Postby Manitourose » 16 Dec 2015, 16:27

Hi ah97 :wel: to the board. You will find a lot of support and advice here. The "search" box on the top right is very useful in looking up keywords that you may have in mind such as colonoscopy or about the hemorrhoid banding.

It's natural to feel nervous about the colonoscopy, but may here will reassure you the procedure itself is quite simple, safe and goes by in a blink. The prep is the worst but fortunately it's generally in the privacy of your home to complete that part and then you will generally recall nothing about the procedure itself.

Very glad you are not in too much discomfort. Did your doctor suggest anything else? Increased water, fiber, fiber supplements?

Again welcome, there will be a plethora of information here to assist you and we will always be here to help along the way.

:)
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby ah97 » 16 Dec 2015, 17:44

Thank you very much and yes she suggested more fiber. I've been taking miralax everyday and it helps greatly!

UPDATE

19 December

I've been to my GI to confirm hemorrhoids. I am experiencing minor discomfort but I am scheduled for a colonoscopy the 28th followed by banding which my GI assures me should alleviate the problem. I have drastically upped the fiber which helps so hopefully I won't have this issue again. Really I'm just wondering if anyone has had anything similiar and I'm really nervous for the colonoscopy because I hate being put under. If anyone has had the banding please let me know how it worked out for you. Not sure why I'm having these issues at this age but I suppose it is what it is.
ah97
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby Savaici » 19 Dec 2015, 21:23

Hi Adam,

Here is a link for posts on here about banding. Just have a read through and see what others say and make a decision. 

http://anal-fissure.org/search.php?keywords=Banding&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Also, here are some links with the heading of colonoscopy. I have only ever had a sigmoidoscopy so can't tell you much about the procedure. Sigmoidoscopy does not go so far 'up' and I insisted that I did not want a colonoscopy.

search.php?keywords=Colonoscopy&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

I have had two hemorrhoid surgeries, and if I had to make a decision again about this I would have left well alone. It is an extremely common ailment. Mine was not banding however. 

I put your update here on your same link so that everything is together which will make it easier for you. 

Best of luck!! It will be over in no time.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222