Botox and Skin Tag Removal

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Botox and Skin Tag Removal

Postby msimon » 14 Dec 2015, 13:09

Could be the dreaded spasm indeed. I have had botox several times and each time it needed at least 2 weeks to fully kick in. So hang in there. As for how I did on it, I ultimately needed LIS but I did almost heal on the botox. I also have pelvic floor dysfunction and this complicated matters for me.

Do you have much bleeding or oozing?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby ouchie25 » 14 Dec 2015, 18:40

No oozing and just a normal amount of bleeding after a BM. It's crazy how something so small can hurt so much! Im going to be counting the days until Botox kicks in!
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby msimon » 14 Dec 2015, 19:38

Oh yes, I have said so many times that there are WAY too many nerve endings down there!
msimon

Postby ouchie25 » 15 Dec 2015, 04:49

Day 5: Definently felt urgency with this mornings BM, and pain was about 8/10. It also burned for about 4 hours afterwards... So I went to the chemist and bought a heat pad, some rectogesic and some more nurofen. I haven't been using the GTN for about a month now, but I figured it couldn't hurt to start up again, I'll try anything to help this thing heal! I'm still eating a normal diet + 1 sachet of movicol, and things seem pretty smooth, but now I'm wondering if I should make my BMs less formed to help heal things up??... Also no gas incontenience so far which is great! I was back at work today as well, and felt completely fine throughout my shift! :sunny:
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby ouchie25 » 16 Dec 2015, 08:16

Day 6: 2 BMs per day with the movicol is intense. Especially when I burn for hours afterwards with each one. The burning is a completely new pain from the surgery and I don't understand whyyyy! It's the worst. I'd rather go back to last week and just have to deal with the pain on the BMs. Ugh. Feeling like I have stepped backward, def no improvement at all yet. Sad!

Also! Just realized I've been eating all the wrong type of fiber - mostly wholemeal wheat based foods - this explains why my stool is so bulky. Ugh, should have thought of this sooner! Cutting out the bread and weetbix ASAP! Thank god for this forum!
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby msimon » 16 Dec 2015, 12:05

Sorry to hear you are struggling so much. It is not uncommon for things to get worse before they get better though after rectal surgery, and especially before the botox to kick in. That first 2 weeks until it starts to work can be rough. Hang in there.

As for the fibre, you still want to make sure you get some of that kind of fibre as it keeps you regular too. It's a matter of finding the right balance, which can be tough because everyone is different. Hopefully things will the turn the corner for you real soon.
msimon

Postby ouchie25 » 18 Dec 2015, 18:09

Thanks Msimon! Things are finally starting to look up! And I think your right about that fibre balance!

Day 9: I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!!! The last 2 days my BM have been almost pain free.... Maybe like a 3/10. And it just feels like pain with the BM is passing the fissure, not actual tearing pain! Also after this mornings BM there is NO after burn!!!!! YAY! I've cut down my food portions too, so now I'm only going once a day, and they are still nice and soft. Movicol is my new best friend. Oh I hope this means I'm healing!!!!
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby msimon » 19 Dec 2015, 13:09

Horray! Hope things keep looking up.
msimon

Postby ouchie25 » 21 Dec 2015, 19:05

Day 12: The last couple of days have been amazing. It's definitely the best I have felt in months. I have basically had pain free BMs and no burning. Still can feel the fissure, but it's more an uncomfortable feeling. This morning I had quite a hard formed BM compared to my last couple and I was bracing myself for the retear, but there was nothing, no pain no burning. I think it might have been a friendly reminder to not stray off my healthy eating regime. Hoping things continue this way! Thanks Botox!
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby ouchie25 » 21 Dec 2015, 19:27

Also - just thought I'd add, when I put the rectogesic on the fissure it still stings for 1-3 sec. So I guess this means my fissure is still open. So in the future, if it doesn't sting, maybe it would be a sign that it has healed?
ouchie25
Salt Bather