Hi and a big thank to all

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi and a big thank to all

Postby Aussiebum » 26 Dec 2015, 09:45

Well its taken me a long time to seek help. The reason behind that is one of emabarasment. The other, I knew my lifestyle was the cause. I am a very heavy drinker and junk food addict. My weight is 168KG, now 138KG.

Im 43 and have been bleeding from the rear of and on since I was 26. No pain just blood on the side of the toilet. I was in denial and convinced myself it was just normal. Go figer how stupid can one be.

Anyway about 7 months ago it got bad, I thought gout hurt. Now I get the saying "what a pain in my arse" comes from. Went to the docs and was told I had a nasty fissure.Was prescribed Hydrocortisone, worked for a few minutes. Went back to the doc and was given rectogesic, have not noticed a improvment.

So I found this site late one night when the pain was to bad to sleep. If I could I would hug you all.

I am only a week into my diet, no take aways. Lots of salads, tomatoes, advacado, olives, onions and balsamac dressing. Soups from coles, the organic ones. 600mg of magnesium tabs and 100gm of Docusate. Having trouble with the drinking, however one step at a time. My poo is soft and I dont feel like im passing a watermelon, still hurts but berable. Its the hours of pain discomfort after i poo that is a real pain in the arse. I take sith baths and hot water bottles which help. I have found being really busy helps with the discomfort. Have found pain killers do nothing.

I also found cocnut oil (extra virgin) has been great. I cant insert it as it hurts to much. I am going to start taking a tee spoon twice a day. Oh yea I drink a shit load of water, but I always have as i know what booze does to you.

One of my bigest discomforts is that i always feel like i need to take a dump. I dont, just feel like it.

Anyhows a big thank you to all that have posted on this forum, you have made my life perable. And I will report back on my progress.
Aussiebum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Hi and a big thank to all

Postby Canadabum » 27 Dec 2015, 14:08

Hey Aussiebum - welcome to the forum

:wel:

We two bums are across the world from each other...amazing.

Sounds like you are doing lots of good things to address your issue - perhaps the best is the fact that you have acknowledged it finally and are going to deal with it. Remember that the healing process is slow and long - so patience is a virtue here.

Keep us posted.

Best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Re: Hi and a big thank to all

Postby Aussiebum » 28 Dec 2015, 04:28

Thanks for the welcome Canadabum.
Aussiebum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2