Botox and Skin Tag Removal

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Botox and Skin Tag Removal

Postby msimon » 21 Dec 2015, 20:28

This is very good to hear. Keep us updated on your progress :)
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby ouchie25 » 26 Dec 2015, 16:00

Day 17: Still only good news to report, after all the festive food and wine the last couple of days I'm feeling full and yuk. My BMs are showing it too, way to dry and firm. But still no problem passing them. Pain = 0! Hopefully now that Christmas is done and dusted things will return to normal again. So paranoid of being ripped back to square one! I think my bum is good enough to get back into some running now too!
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby ouchie25 » 29 Dec 2015, 17:25

Three weeks: Now I'm at the 3 week mark and feel 98% normal, I thought I'd write down what has worked for me so far to help me heal alongside my Botox.

- 1 movicol sachet a day
- 2X 15mins baths a day (this has been the hardest, it's summer in Australia so it makes me even hotter and its also so time consuming!!)
- Rectogesic 3X per day
- Completly normal diet, but slightly smaller portions (I have always been vego, so naturally I have a high fiber intake)
- 2L of water

I feel as though the movicol is what has helped the most, as it has kept me much softer, smaller and consistent. I'll keep using it for many more months, I wish I discovered it ages ago. Not sure what the Botox has achieved, as I never had spams, but I'm sure it has significantly improved my healing - and I have had no side effects from the procedure at all, so I'm glad I did it. Hopefully in a few more months I will be healed even after the Botox wears off and be a Botox success story. :fairy:

I have a follow up appointment with my CRS in two weeks to see how I'm tracking, so I'll report back then if all continues to go well. :pray:
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby msimon » 29 Dec 2015, 22:42

So glad to hear things are going so well. Good for you that you have taken such good care of yourself. I'm sure it will pay off. Do come back and tell us how your appointment goes. Best of luck with it!
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby ouchie25 » 14 Jan 2016, 05:42

Week 5: I can't believe it's only been 5 weeks!! Feels like forever! My bum has been SO perfect, until a couple of days ago... I can now feel a very slight sting with bm's (1/10 pain) but no blood... Yet.... Hoping it won't get any worse and its just a little set back.. Nothing has changed in my routine that I can think of that would have caused it.

I saw my CRS today for a follow up and basically paid $100 to have a 15min chat about fissures in general, he wasn't too interested in looking at mine, just wanted to see how I was going so far, and to keep things soft. Apparently he has a 90% success rate with his patients, and the other 10% heal after a second round of Botox. So he will see me again in 2 months and see how it's looking and we will go from there.

He also suggested to come off the Rectogesic just so my body can handle things on its own with the Botox, but I think I might give it another 4 weeks before I risk it. Hopefully things get back on track real soon. -__-
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby ouchie25 » 16 Jan 2016, 17:46

5 weeks 3 days: Bum is back to normal. Phew. No pain, just a tight feeling with BMs :D
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby ouchie25 » 27 Jan 2016, 07:09

Week 7: This is the longest time by far where I have been pain free. I no longer think about my bum every second and my anxiety to go to the bathroom is pretty much gone! However I'm still very cautious shuffling around when sitting.

I've stopped having baths maybe 2 weeks ago mostly because of being back at uni and having to do a lot of travel doesn't leave me any time.. But it hasn't affected me at all.

I'm still using the Rectogesic, but I'll stop next week.. And I'm still taking my daily movicol and using wet wipes- no plans to stop these for a long long time.

I had a hard poop this morning (Australia day celebrations :roll: ), probably the worst since the surgery, and still there was no pain. I feel almost normal down there, except it sort of feels less stretchy.. But after dealing with this for so long I can hardly remember what it was like before all this started.

Now waiting to hit the 3 month mark!! Then ill feel even more hopeful that I'm on my way to being healed for good!

:heart:
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby ouchie25 » 15 Feb 2016, 06:51

Week 10: Nothing new to report, just thought I'd check in. :p

My bum feels completely healed, and I'm living a normal life again (apart for the movicol). Each trip to the bathroom though it's always in the back of my mind that this could be the time is breaks open again! However, thankfully that hasn't happened! :pray:

I'm under a lot of stress at the moment as well, so diet and hydration isn't that great, but I think it's good to have some hardish stools here and there so my bum can get used to them again gradually..

Wishing everyone health and happiness :smilyhug:
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby brokenbottom » 24 Feb 2016, 07:36

Just found this thread - wish I'd seen it before it has cheered me up so much! Thank you for recording your experiences, ouchie25. I'm on day 6 after botox and feeling miserable as hell because the pain is worse than before the op. Knowing that there's hope makes such a difference. Thanks so much! xx
Suffered acute AFs since about 2010
2015 Chronic AF diagnosed
18/2/16 Botox (unsuccessful)
12/4/16 Lateral anal sphincterotomy and removal of polyp and two tags
brokenbottom
VIP

Topics: 3

Postby ouchie25 » 24 Feb 2016, 14:52

Oh I am so glad it has helped!! These first few weeks really are tough mentally and physically. I hope your Botox kicks in really soon and you can get on your way with healing! :)
ouchie25
Salt Bather