Pain 2 months after banding

Pain two months after banding

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Pain 2 months after banding

Postby Fifijess » 02 Jan 2016, 00:46

Hi all. I am new to the forum and am hoping I can get help. I had 3 grade 3 hemorrhoids double banded two months ago as well as banding of prolapsed mucosa. After the pain killers wore off was in extreme pain and had a painful raw, burning, stinging feeling particularly on the left. I also experienced painful cramps just before and during defacation. After a month I had a review with the surgeon. He did a digital exam and diagnosed an anal fissure. Am feeling marginally better after using rectogesic but I've had anal fissures in the past and am worried its something else. In the past my fissure would just hurt on defacation so I don't understand why I have a constant 24!7 dull but burning sensation on the left. When I asked the surgeon why am feeling pain on the left he said its referred pain. I'm worried it's ulcerated. I also have a sensation of wetness but when i check there is no moisture or duscharge. Has anyone experienced this post banding. I was told within days I would be good as gold it as it stands I'm far worse than before the banding. Thanks for reading and happy new year!
Fifijess
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Pain 2 months after banding

Postby Savaici » 03 Jan 2016, 22:26

Anal fissures can be hellishly painful, the spasms worse than childbirth in my opinion :affraid:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Savaici » 03 Jan 2016, 22:29

Anal fissures can be hellishly painful, the spasms worse than childbirth in my opinion :affraid:

I would use the ointment for at least six weeks to see if this will heal you. Lots of advise under the anal fissure sub-forum and we have a great search function above between FAQ and Portal.
:smilyhug: :wel: to our Forum, though sorry you've had to search us out!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Fifijess » 04 Jan 2016, 01:07

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I haven't given birth but the day of the banding I can surmise it would be close! And this time i had the spasms during and for an hour or so after BM. Wow thats an experience! I really hope this ongoing pain is a fissure. So scared that the banding has left ulceration and a fistula is forming. It just feels so different to last time-the pain is a constant stinging but dull ache. From memory my last few times was a sharp burn during BM and that was it. Tried nifidepine but after two weeks felt no better so am trying rectogesic again. Here's hoping for a full recovery for all of us and thankyou for the warm welcome :)
Fifijess
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2