Sting/burn after applying nitro

burning? owie...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Sting/burn after applying nitro

Postby bbmz » 09 Jan 2016, 19:57

Hi guys. I have had an anal fissure for over a month now. Just saw my doc a few days ago and have now been put on nitro.
Aside from the enormous pain I have been going through, I do have one question for those who have used nitro in the past: does it sting like a bloody b*tch when you put it on? I'm on my third day on it and I put it on after BM's and before I go to bed and it stings all mighty hell for the first 2 minutes on and gradually gets better in the next hour. It makes me squirm and cringe and want to grab onto something and rip it lol...
As far as I know, the pain of the AF HAS subsided with the use of nitro but that stinging scares me. It does go away after a while but I'm scared it may be aggravating it? Please let me know!!
bbmz
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Sting/burn after applying nitro

Postby ouchie25 » 10 Jan 2016, 05:09

I have been using nitro for months, and it still stings every time for like 1min, even though I'm healing.. I was worried it might be aggrevating it too! I have an appt with my CRS this week and this was one of the many questions I was going to ask.... I'll let you know!
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Savaici » 10 Jan 2016, 05:39

bbmz, :wel: to the Forum!

What is the percentage nitro that you are using? The usual is 0.2%, but sometimes doctors prescribe too high a dosage. It should not sting too badly, so if you find that it continues and leads to a rash or anything, I suggest you mention it to your doctor. You could use Diltiazem or Nifedipine ointment/cream as alternatives.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby bbmz » 10 Jan 2016, 14:31

ouchie25 wrote:I have been using nitro for months, and it still stings every time for like 1min, even though I'm healing.. I was worried it might be aggrevating it too! I have an appt with my CRS this week and this was one of the many questions I was going to ask.... I'll let you know!

Hmm then I'll just have to deal with it until I'm healed, I suppose

:thankyou:
bbmz
Fibre Addict

Postby bbmz » 10 Jan 2016, 14:33

Savaici wrote:bbmz, :wel: to the Forum!

What is the percentage nitro that you are using? The usual is 0.2%, but sometimes doctors prescribe too high a dosage. It should not sting too badly, so if you find that it continues and leads to a rash or anything, I suggest you mention it to your doctor. You could use Diltiazem or Nifedipine ointment/cream as alternatives.

Thanks for the greeting!! :+++:

It's 0.4% and it says CMPD before the Nitro on the bottle so I assume that's a compound but I can't remember what it's with?!

And I tried both Diltiazem and Nif and they both gave me rashes so Nitro is my last chance :(
bbmz
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 10 Jan 2016, 21:01

I remember someone on the forum saying they itched, and so they 'cut' the nitro with a little Vaseline. I googled this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=nitro+wi ... ent=safari
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby bbmz » 12 Jan 2016, 00:45

Savaici wrote:I remember someone on the forum saying they itched, and so they 'cut' the nitro with a little Vaseline. I googled this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=nitro+wi ... ent=safari
Thanks for the link! The stinging has seemed to calm down and the nitro still seems to be relaxing so I'm hoping that's good now. Still burns a bit, usually after BM but it goes away quicker now :thanx:
bbmz
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissurefrustration » 12 Jan 2016, 12:02

Welcome to the Forum!!

I think I've just used too much down there and any creams sting now even honey!

the only thing left that doesn't hurt is Sudocrem which is a life saver for me. I remember one night I applied GTN and it made me pass out with the burning pain. Some people are just more sensitive than others and nitro can be quite strong. Keep us posted!!

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56