Have officially given up

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Have officially given up

Postby hurtinend » 31 Dec 2015, 14:33

Horrible pain last 2 days, spasm, burning, bubbling. It seems my multi vitamin and simple good food plan doesn't work, but I already knew that. The prescribed fissure cream burns me so much, I cannot use it.

Biggest problem is that I am now so defeated that I have chosen not to seek help, I am done and my monies have run out.

I am thankful for all the great people on this board. I wish you all health in 2016.

Hurtinend
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Re: Have officially given up

Postby Daisy Mac » 01 Jan 2016, 00:31

I'm very sorry you're feeling so low. I saw you were thinking about surgery - is that not still an option? Sometimes what you need most is something major on the horizon to look forward to and give you hope. Not to mention it could actually end up solving your problems. I've seen a lot of people on this site state afterwards that they only wished they hadn't resisted surgery for so long. Don't give up - there are still options!
Daisy Mac
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Canadabum » 01 Jan 2016, 09:56

I second Daisy's sentiment...you still have options and need to explore them. Surgery is a very successful avenue for the vast majority...go get a referral and see a crs. Please let us know when you get the appointment.
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby felix » 01 Jan 2016, 18:03

I also think it is worth considering surgery as your quality of life is what is most important at the moment. I hope you find a speedy solution
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Deleted User 4536 » 02 Jan 2016, 00:22

i feel the same sometimes but this is not something you can give up on. if you give up the pain will just get even worse. keep trying!
Deleted User 4536

Postby hurtinend » 03 Jan 2016, 17:16

I say very negative things when I am at the heights of frustration. Again, I apologize.

Have an appointment with my family doc on Wednesday, will request urgent referral to a crs on my list.

This has become as much a mental battle as it is a physical one. Literally going mental over this and feel like I am surrounded by concrete.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Postby Canadabum » 04 Jan 2016, 17:54

We have all been there...and all too often revisit that horrible place. No worries, we are all here to vent, be heard and to support each other. The battle here is definitely as much mental as it is physical....glad to hear that you have taken practical steps to resolve this.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby anniebee » 06 Jan 2016, 11:44

Hurtinend, I know the feeling all too well. Ready to give up myself until I finally saw a good CRS. I never imagined that I had a deep tissue abscess that was corrected by surgery. Until an expert looks up there, you really have no idea what the problem is. I never thought I would feel better. I see him for follow up today. Sadly though, I think I have another fissure that has developed. It's not extreme pain like the other one, but concerning. No need to ever apologize as this is just an exhausting thing to deal with. Hope that you can get in to see a CRS asap!
anniebee
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Fissurefrustration » 12 Jan 2016, 12:19

Hurtinend we are still here for you. We are a big family and if there is anything I can do please just send a PM, I hope your appt with the GP went ok as can be.

Massive hugs

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby hurtinend » 14 Jan 2016, 15:48

GP is against surgery so no referral.

Thank you all for the support.
hurtinend
King Fissure