Stool hardening, fiber and more

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Stool hardening, fiber and more

Postby Johnny91 » 19 Jan 2016, 13:28

Greetings guys,

i recently opened up my own introduction topic here greetings-to-all-fellow-patients-t10279.html

This past weekend i had a new series of diarrhea. This time was a lot milder than the first, it was probably due to minor food poisoning. I had to go 4-5 times the first day and 4-5 the second, but with a little control everything went fine and it was actually a lot better than normal defecation.

Although, i had to change my eating regime in order to stop the diarrhea, and as of course timing went bad soon after the end of the episode.

I had a first series of relatively hard stools the day before yesterday, which i had to get rid of while standing, to control the sphicter easier and refrain from cutting it open again.

The plan worked but i could pass up to a certain point, then i used a glycerin suppository to lube them and soon after tried again. I managed not to get it ripped but at a painful cost. Then yesterday i had one more series of hard stool, passed them again with even more pain and again in standing position. I was in even more pain after that.

I tried to apply some rectogesic to calm the sphincter and reduce the pain. I managed to insert a bit inside the anus but i irritated it even more. Today will be an awsome day cause i didnt manage to go yet but i hope it will be easier because i ate a lot of oil and oranges to help it retain at least some water.

Thing is that, for some strange reason, after the first case of diarrhea that lead to the fissure soon after, my stools are harder than they used to be and far more dehydrated. At least thats the feedback i get, not sure if its due to the sensitivity of the region after the trauma.

Another question.

i used psyllium fiber for a week or so and had painfull bulky and kind of dehydrated stools. When i realized that the psyllium fibers were the cause i stopped and saw great difference. I'd let a spoonful of fibers soak in a cup of water before gulping it down.

I also have the same problem with other fibrous foods such as green salads, green beans, zucchini, cucumber & tomatoes etc.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Any type of advice at this point, greatly appreciated
Johnny91
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: Stool hardening, fiber and more

Postby Savaici » 19 Jan 2016, 13:46

I put your two posts onto one. Much easier for all concerned. Hope you will have a response to your questions soon!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Johnny91 » 19 Jan 2016, 14:34

ok thanks, i thought it would be better to write them in two different topics due to different subjects but that works out too.
hope to get some answers soon :D
Johnny91
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 19 Jan 2016, 22:01

Don't overdo the fibre! Do a search using our great search facility above between FAQ and Portal, where you can search by topic, and look under fiber/fibre. A lots of doctors suggest too much fibre which leads to even more problems :affraid:

Also, you don't need to insert the nitro. Just use it on the outside as it easily enters the bloodstream. No point in putting yourself through even more pain!

:smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Johnny91 » 20 Jan 2016, 05:26

I have already read most of the posts, if not all, on fibre.
Thing is i know i'm not overdoing it with fiber because other types, like oranges, i can eat like 20 of them in one day and have a great humid stool the next. Thing is that with certain foods like these described i have this adverse effect and i cant understand why this is happening.
While orange fibers stay hydrated and soft from end to end, the other types and especially the psyllium fiber get dehydrated and the outcome is something very close to playdoh.
I also have candidiasis in mind, or something else that uses up all the water in the colon but i have no clues and i'm almost certain that it is not easily traced.

I might get hospitalized this week. 3rd day in a row with very hard stools and i dont feel really good on the last one, i saw a very little bit of blood, not the type i used to see while to fissure was bleeding, so i'm thinking its something new, hemorroid or pile or something else.

Also regarding the GTN ointment, i used to apply it on the outside but at the time i had a colonoscopy the doctor insisted that putting it 1-2cm inside the anus is more efficient and quick. And since i use like 4-5mm of the paste each time, i started putting it inside since then.

thats about all, thx a lot for answering :D
Johnny91
Salt Bather