New to group need your advice

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to group need your advice

Postby Kastra50 » 30 Jan 2016, 13:22

Hey I been suffering from anal fissure since 2011 every time I go to the doctor it get better using medicine
Can that be it and will avoid surgery? Or since it's been so long I should have surgery done?
I will try to go to omipoathetic to help me with constipation and will go also to dietician for better diet sience I eat too much sweet
Also what foods should I avoid other. Than spices??
Kastra50

Topics: 1

Re: New to group need your advice

Postby hurtinend » 30 Jan 2016, 13:53

avoid sweets, spices, caffeine, alcohol, tomatoes

Eat a bland diet. No, it's not easy. Focus on avocado, fruit and veg, hemp for protein. Just drink water and herb tea.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby hurtinend » 30 Jan 2016, 13:57

this may not cure you but it will help a lot.

I wish you healing.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Kastra50 » 31 Jan 2016, 05:19

What is a bland diet?
Kastra50

Postby Manitourose » 31 Jan 2016, 09:59

Hi Kastra. A bland diet can be found by looking up "easy to digest foods". The purpose is that foods that get passed and processed through your digestive system can be appropriately broken down. That way on the other end when eliminating during a bowel movement it is easier or best for the body.
Some advice though, if increasing anything in your diet (fruits, veggies, fiber and so on:
-Be sure to drink plenty of water or remain well hydrated with non-caffeinated teas or other healthy hydrating liquids.
-Add in the new diet slowly. You don't have to switch everything overnight, switch it over a week or so. This helps the body adjust to digesting foods.

In regards to your question about surgery, it is a personal decision made with your doctor. Read through the stories here and get a feel for the process. Read legitimate medical websites regarding the procedure. It's important to arm yourself with knowledge. Many people decide surgery isn't for them and others choose to get it. There are those who have a surgery after 6 months of a fissure and those who go years.
I think if you are having healing at all you may want to consult with a doctor, perhaps even a dietician as well, to discuss what else you can do to remain healed and what could be causing re-tears. In many cases it can be fixed with diet and lifestyle. Then for many of us we can do everything right and still have issues.

Good luck! Stay well. :)
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby Kastra50 » 31 Jan 2016, 14:53

Thanks so much for all the support I am so happy I found this group It's great for me to know other people have had and can deal with this issue
Thanks again
Kastra50