Milk of Magnesia

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Milk of Magnesia

Postby Guest » 29 Feb 2008, 08:21

Sometimes i take MOM and have no BM or don't have one for over 16 hours, could that be b/c I don't drink enough water? Just curious.

Re: Milk of Magnesia

Postby Guest » 29 Feb 2008, 09:51

I think with MOM since it is not a stimulant laxative the effects can take longer to kick in. I take MOM at about 8 pm and then don't go until I get the kids out the door at about 8. It has never worked very quickly for me.

I don't know if the water would affect this or not but it is just good practice as you know to get plenty of water. I drink about 2 liters a day. It is my only source of fluid other than the soy milk I put in my All Bran Buds.

Postby juney » 29 Feb 2008, 10:38

i take it at 10pm and go pretty soon after waking up at 7am. I always have to drink warm water to get it going though. i think once your body gets used a certain schedule you'll go pretty much at that time everyday. But i still think the warm water, in addition to the MOM, has a big effect on me going at the same time every morning.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby buttgirl » 29 Feb 2008, 12:04

All the MOM ever did for me is keep the stools soft. It did not make me go, but allowed me to go. No matter when I took it the day before, I did not bm until first thing in the morning, like usual.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67