Hemmys, Gonorrhea and constipation!

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Hemmys, Gonorrhea and constipation!

Postby Tj1992 » 15 Feb 2016, 12:37

Hi guys,

Long and embarrassing story here, but will keep it short and sweet - would really appreciate your feedback ASAP!

Basically, it started with sharp pain in the anus, pain with BM's, walking, sitting etc. As well as this I had a pain under the skin near my coccyx (posterior area more towards my coccyx).

I assumed I had a fissure, the doctor then prescribed me with an ointment and antibiotics (Flucloxacillin). meanwhile I did my regular STD checks (every six months) and found out I had Gonorrhea of the rectum. This left me totally confused, were all these symptoms linked to the STD or was it truly a fissure.

I now feel 99%, gonorrhea treated and waiting for the retest results to return, but with the massive amount of anti-biotics I am not constipated with a hemmy outside and possibly one inside.

My question is - I have a feeling of needing the toilet when I do not need it and the occasional shooting pain down there. and if i force my finger far enough around my posterior area it feels as if my tailbone/ end of my Sphincter is bruised??

By the way this all started on the 5th of Jan, I have been pain free for about 3 weeks, but as I said i'm not 100%.

Could this bruised like/needing to go feeling be internal hemorrhoids (I did visit my GP on the 10th of Feb who said its highly unlikely at the age of 23 to have anything sinister there, and that an abscess will not form in the area that I feel bruised occasionally?

I really hope someone can help me with this one.

TJ,
Tj1992
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Hemmys, Gonorrhea and constipation!

Postby Savaici » 15 Feb 2016, 13:05

I read your other thread (really makes things easier if you stay on one thread, by the way, for you and us to keep track :helmet: ) and reading this one now, I would not think you have much to worry about. I would not "force my finger" anywhere as you are just aggravating anything there unless you are very gentle. :affraid:

Your doctor (you did not say what sort of doctor you are seeing) seems not to think you have an abccess, and believe me if you did, you would know it... So, don't worry about that.

The feeling of wanting to go when you don't need to sounds to be the beginnings of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), so you might want to do a read up on that, both here and on the Internet. (Use the search between FAQ and Portal; much the best & search by topic.)

Let us know how you get on, but really try not to worry. Hemmies - everyone gets them, don't strain in the loo. And don't have surgery on them unless you want to experience pain of the excruiting variety...read up on hemmies too!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby chachacha » 16 Feb 2016, 09:20

I have two internal hemmies and they're each about the size and consistency of half of a full-sized marshmallow. When I was first diagnosed, the CRS told me that my "need to go" sensation, was caused by the feeling of all that tissue just inside the rectal hole. I felt that I needed to expel all of that, because it "felt" like poop, even though there was no more stool to let out. I had to learn the difference between really needing to go, and simply the feeling of the tissue (sometimes more swollen than others) sitting at the opening.

And please, as Savaici advises, don't stick your finger up there!

I would also suggest that you ask your GP to refer you to a CRS, because even though it may be unlikely that anything is seriously wrong for you at the age of 23, you really should know if you have internal hemmies and if they are, in fact, what's causing you to feel the "need to go" so often.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Tj1992 » 17 Feb 2016, 05:09

Thanks for both of your responses, I do appreciate it!

I'm going to give it till mid March if this tender part of my posterior anus/ tailbone area is still tender by then I will go further and have it scanned. I am in two minds, I do think i am over reacting because I have been through a lot of bum problems so far in 2016! I can't expect no tendernous when feeling the area with my finger at all 3 weeks post antibiotics.

Maybe i'm just feeling something that should feel the way it does? as it does not hurt to sit down to exercise, to drive etc.

Unfortunately my mind runs away with itself which can make small issues absolutely huge! ahaha
This is a good thing in some cases, because in this case it is my health on discussion!

Has anyone else had a feel round that area that has not got any current issues and maybe be able to tell me if it is naturally tender?

Thanks TJ
Tj1992
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 17 Feb 2016, 14:50

Mine is tender... I always have to sit on a soft cushion :affraid: I live with it.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Tj1992 » 18 Mar 2016, 14:45

[+]
image1.JPG
Hair removed to keep an eye (clearly didnt do a very good job!)
guys, hope everyone is well!

Just an update, all seems to be settling although still have the hemmys (atleast I think they're hemmys)

If its ok I've uploaded a pic, I cannot compare with anyone else that I know what i'm going through. Hopefully someone can explain what they think the picture entails.

Thanks
Tj1992
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 18 Mar 2016, 21:05

I have put your photo under a spoiler :)
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Tj1992 » 21 Mar 2016, 04:40

Thanks Savaici,

anyone with any opinions on the image?

TJ
Tj1992
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 21 Mar 2016, 12:18

It looks normal to me, in fact, a lot better than most people's bums on here, I would think! Not a skin tag to be seen, not a visible fissure... I think you should try not to overthink the whole issue, but if you are worried, go to your GP.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Tj1992 » 21 Mar 2016, 16:06

I went back to the GP this evening, he doesn't seem to think anything is wrong, he said simple hemorrhoids etc.
He has sent a letter to my local hospital to discuss things further with the 'bum doctor'. But he did say this is more to put my mind at ease he doesn't seem to think of anything serious. I'm gonna stop all this and just try and move forward.
Tj1992
Fibre Addict