Anal fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal fissure

Postby bracken » 27 Feb 2016, 09:12

please help am at my wits end i have had the fissure for just 2 months and the pain is awfull i also get alot of mucus and blood , i feel like i am the only one with this even though i know i am not oes anyone else suffer with the mucus and blood and how do u cope with it , thanks
bracken

Topics: 1

Re: Anal fissure

Postby brokenbottom » 28 Feb 2016, 17:53

Hello Bracken. Poor you - everyone on here knows what it's like to feel so desperate. The pain is like nothing else too. I've not had mucus, just blood so I can't really advise. Have you been to a doctor?
Suffered acute AFs since about 2010
2015 Chronic AF diagnosed
18/2/16 Botox (unsuccessful)
12/4/16 Lateral anal sphincterotomy and removal of polyp and two tags
brokenbottom
VIP

Topics: 3

Re: Anal fissure

Postby Canadabum » 29 Feb 2016, 16:31

Bracken -

:wel:

Sorry you had to find this forum...but good you did. Sounds like you are in the thick of things right now. First off -- go see a CRS as soon as you can to get checked out and at the very least to have a consult with a Dr.

As for blood -- that is a pretty normal result of a fissure. The mucus less so....that is what I would want more info on. You should search the word mucus between FAQ and Portal at the top and see what others are saying.

As for the fissure -- you should get yourself some fissure cream, start drinking lots of water (8 glasses a day), use a warm sitz bath or regular bath after each BM, reduce processed foods and eat a healthy amount of soluble and insoluble fibre.

Get looked at....and all the best,
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19