breastfeeding and fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

breastfeeding and fissure

Postby tzella » 10 Dec 2015, 06:58

hi to all of you,
i am from Greece and a new mommy...
in my country there is no site or org to talk about this tragedy... only about hemoroids..
like no other person ever had this problem.. i was very happy to find this org...
i have a babe 2 months old and i breastfeed...
i also have my fissure that long.. because of the breastfeed i canot take retrogesic and i use oitments (seroproct) and stool softeners(liquid paraffine)..
as the time passes i must admit the pain is less....the doctor said is getting smaller and he believes it will heal... iam not a case of surgery yet...
i dread the moment i quit the softener ....in 2 weeks exacty , i know it will come back...
i cry almost every day cause i fear that i hurt my babe with the oinments and the softener....that it goes through the milk
i can not enjoy the birth of my child as i wished... no even thinking having another one...
i wish i had a c section...
i wish i could wake up and stop thinking what is going to happen in the toilet...
hve you ever heard about lazer treatment???
is there any other mommy just like me???
ohhhh i hate anal fissure!!!!!!
tzella
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: breastfeeding and fissure

Postby Savaici » 10 Dec 2015, 15:43

Hope someone comes along with the same experience as you, and so sorry you are in pain instead of enjoying your baby!

I have a few links on the forum for you from others who were breastfeeding, so hope they will be of some help to you in the meantime. Big :smilyhug: , and glad that you found somewhere that does understand what you're going through. :wel:

Here are the links: search.php?keywords=Breastfeeding&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby tzella » 10 Dec 2015, 16:12

thank you so much!!! glad i finally found someone to understand me!!!
tzella
Fibre Addict

Postby Lennysmama » 17 Dec 2015, 00:09

Hi! I'm new here. I know this post was a week ago but I want you to know I'm in the same boat! I had a baby 7 months ago and have had the fissure for 4 months. I'm so sorry that you can't take meds or use creams because you think it'll go through your milk! Have you talked to your doctor about this? Just know that in this situation, you can be selfish! If you are in so much pain and it's causing you to cry every day, then please consider taking or doing something to help! Hang in there mama! :D
Lennysmama
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby tzella » 18 Dec 2015, 06:10

hi there!!!i take some supositories with Hyaluronate sodium and drinking liquid paraffine and i must say i am pain free... i think the fissure began closing and so the doctor said when he saw it...
one step at a time...
3 doctors told me not to take retrogesic but here in greece they say that.. i ve seen in america that they allow you to take it when bf..
what medication you take????
hang in there you too mama!!!
tzella
Fibre Addict

Re: breastfeeding and fissure/healed by laser treatment

Postby tzella » 04 Mar 2016, 11:41

so i wanted to update long ago..
so the fissure at some point healed but as soon as i stopped the stool softener after 5 days i had the worst constipation and not only did the fissure reteared again another one appeared...
i must say the worst pain ever!!! i began the stool softener again and some ointment..
long story short nothing helped both fissure just wouldnt heal and then i decided to take action..
i went to a doctor tha had a lazer treatment that learned actually in England and that was it...
the day i went to the toilet 3 times (cause of the enema before surgery) and no pain!!!its been now 20 days with no pain...
however i still take stool softener cause of my fear... i will stop it at some point....
i just wanted to say that the only thing i feel some times is like an inch ...no pain at all... i had depridement of fissure....i think that is how is called..
today i am starting some coconut oil just to be sure...
fingers crossed i will remain healed!!!
please stay positive .....
tzella
Fibre Addict