LIS--my experience

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS--my experience

Postby Buttwhy? » 08 Mar 2016, 08:07

I'm so thankful I found this forum. I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences and I wanted to add mine.

I had LIS back in December, and I should have had it much earlier on. Don't do what I did and wait until you're in agony before seeing a surgeon. I had tried healing it with nitro and had limited success. I also had a tag removal. Three months after surgery I had a flare up and had to go back to the surgeon. I'm currently using nitro to heal the fissure and it's helping. The LIS has definitely helped and I'm glad I had it done. I'm not saying it's for everyone but in my case I really needed it. I did have to change my diet and I take stool softeners regularly. I also added fiber but through food, not fiber supplements. So far that is working for me. I also use coconut oil several times a day--just add a little dab to the area. I mostly do this when I'm going to be home for the day (I work from home so that helps). I make sure to use it at night and first thing in the morning.

My surgeon said he is very conservative with women because cutting the muscle too far can cause incontinence. He's a wonderful surgeon and a compassionate doctor. I'm very blessed to have found him.

Good luck to everyone dealing with this nightmare--for a long time I thought I was the only one.
Buttwhy?

Topics: 1

Re: LIS--my experience

Postby adeelraj » 13 Mar 2016, 07:59

add milk of magnesia to ur diet
i am post 2.5 months out of surgery
still healing though
but bm without pushing hard is the key to success
since i have added milk of magnesia to my diet i am healing pretty well
try it

i take in night before bed
take 2 tbsp with a glass of water

also i am applying olive oil with turmeric and a glass of milk in evening with 1 teaspoon turmeric
turmeric has anti inflammatory and healing internal wounds properties
adeelraj
Fibre Addict

Re: LIS--my experience

Postby adeelraj » 13 Mar 2016, 08:01

i have mild fecal incontinence like after going to toilet i have to wipe again after 1 hour
there is some stool leakage

are u having any symptoms of fecal incontinence
adeelraj
Fibre Addict