Frequency of self dilation

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Frequency of self dilation

Postby DasProblem » 19 Mar 2016, 13:44

Hi everyone,

I'm suffering from pudendal neuralgie and got an anal fissure in addition to it. I think it's chronic right now... Sometimes it doesn't bleed for a few days and then it bleeds again for many days... right now it's bleeding again. My doctor told me to do self dilation 2-3 times a day (each time 3x2 minutes with a minute rest inbetween).

Actually I'm feeling no difference now with 2xper day... it never goes in any further (it's cone shaped), so I'm pretty frustrated. How often do you do the stretch? Have you had more success with higher training volume?

Greetings
DasProblem
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Frequency of self dilation

Postby Savaici » 19 Mar 2016, 14:06

:wel:

There is a great thread on here for dilation :

self-dilation-t4261.html

I used pediatric dilators and started with the very smallest (12mm) and kept it in for short periods of time. Gradually build up the time you leave it in. These ones:

http://ssp-inc.com/wordpress/wp-content ... ors-01.jpg

If you are in Europe, there is a brand called DILITAN.

I used Sliquid Organics Natural Gel or Soothe as lubricants. I don't know where you are but I am in the US.   Both are excellent and also very slippery and have good things in them. 

I worked at this for a year. It is hard work to be moderately pain free (very pain free in comparison to how I was). I also use a Sitz bath, each time I poop!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby DasProblem » 19 Mar 2016, 14:17

Thank you for your fast answer - I read through chunks of that posts but couldn't find any recommendations concerning frequency. In addition, I have another question: Why could it be that it feels like I'm getting in less than I got after a short time after starting doing it? Could it be because it became chronic and there is something in the way now? And can a chronic fissure still bleed (because mine does)?
DasProblem
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 19 Mar 2016, 20:02

Be gentle. Go slowly. The sensation is never the same. Fissures bleed; quite common, but if your worried ask your doctor. A fissure is described as chronic after three months. When you say something in the way, could be an internal hemorrhoid. I would not use a cone shaped dilator. I would use the ones that I gave you the link for, which are recommended by CRSs. Or, as I said, the ones available in Europe.

PN is different, but not always a correct diagnosis (though if you have been diagnosed with this, I know how painful it can be. I was misdiagnosed with PN.) Everything can get very sensitive in the area.

I dilated three times a week for a year! If it was difficult, or I felt that things were inflamed, I left it for that day. Also, I left it in for 15 to 20 minutes each time.

Do a search for Suzyljank's (one of our moderators) posts. After her Double Flap surgery, stitches and all, she had to dilate. She still does.

When you said you read through "chunks" of the dilation post, I presume you mean previously, as you could hardly have had time to read the thread in the 11 minutes before you replied to my post... :bouncer:
Savaici
Administrator

Postby DasProblem » 19 Mar 2016, 20:17

Thank you for your quick answers, you mentioned internal hemorrhoids - I have diagnosed 2nd degree hemorrhoids, so you think that affects the act of dilation? Because sometimes (apparently less frequently the last couple of days) it feels like there is nothing in the way, and most of the times it feels like there is no way around/through it.

Do you think it might be a good idea to try different angles to sort of try to slip by (pressing it gently forward in different directions).

And your assumption is correct - diving into that article was the first thing I did immediately after registration :)
DasProblem
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 19 Mar 2016, 20:20

Just go slowly...I added something to my post.
Savaici
Administrator