2nd fissurectomy, Botox and skin tag removal

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

2nd fissurectomy, Botox and skin tag removal

Postby Minniemouse » 23 Mar 2016, 11:07

So, I had the above done yesterday. I woke up from my anaesthetic in a bit of pain (3-4/10), and was told the Dr had already been round to speak to me about the op and post op care - I have absolutely no recollection of this as I was obviously still half asleep from my GA! Helpful!!

Today I have woken up in a considerable about of pain, say a 6/10. I am keeping hydrated and taking regular pain relief. I felt the need to have a BM (argh!) so i took myself off to the toilet, only to find some sort of dressing wedged inside that I had no idea was there!? I managed to tease it out, with a lot of discomfort and have a BM (painful but no more pain than I have been in today anyway).

I am slightly concerned that I shouldn't have manoeuvrered this dressing out but also know I wouldn't have been able to pass it without a considerable amount of straining which obviously isn't a good idea.

Has anyone got any tips for recovery following this op? I didn't have any pain last time and was totally numb for around 48-72 hours last time too so feeling a bit lost!

Thanks guys
Minniemouse

Topics: 2

Re: 2nd fissurectomy, Botox and skin tag removal

Postby Savaici » 23 Mar 2016, 13:29

Don't worry about the dressing. This is quite commonly placed after surgery for a fissure.

Skin tag removal can be quite painful (usually a stitch or two).

Check out the posts under AF Success Stories and also use this link where you can search the group by topic, etc. Good luck with your healing :smilyhug:

search.php
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222