Is there hope?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Is there hope?

Postby over10yearsnow » 11 Feb 2016, 22:22

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has had a good recovery after many years of fissure/s? I have been suffering terribly for over a decade now and can't see how things will ever get back to normal.

My muscle spasm used to come but wasn't painful, then is became painful for a few hours, but in recent years it's painful for days, and if I need to go to the loo within a couple of days again I'm in real trouble. Even once the pain has gone the spasm never goes completely before it is made worse by the next toilet visit.

I'm getting to the point where I'm scared to eat, although I'm sure that would make things worse and the best thing to do is to keep the digestive system working.

Another thing I'm worried about is I am embarking on a fitness/weight lifting program and need to eat around 200 grams of protein a day. I haven't managed to stick to it, but I am worried I will never be able to eat that and not aggravate my fissues. Anyone have any experience of this?....and manage to actually eat that without it causing problems? I'm assuming best bet would be to also eat a lot of fibre, fruit and veg along with the protein (chicken mostly). It's a long story but I've only been able to embark on this lifetime goal in the last couple of years and now I'm scared I won't be able to. I can't get were i want to be unless I eat that. :/

Also anyone suffered for over 10 years and found the creams/ointments worked? Worried I've gone too far and done too much damage.

Thank you.
over10yearsnow
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Is there hope?

Postby pinpin » 26 Mar 2016, 16:01

Hi,

Welcome to forum. What did you try from treatments until now? How are you these days?

Do you keep your diet?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby pinpin » 26 Mar 2016, 16:01

And definitely - there is hope!
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby SurvivorX » 27 Mar 2016, 12:56

Im 6 months post LIS - constant itching and pain on my every movement - can you pls explain on wheres the hope. I still hope and pray suzy was right and bruised nerves settle down 2 years post LIS so that one day I can finally move and sit normal again.
SurvivorX
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby over10yearsnow » 27 Mar 2016, 18:50

Oooh that sounds horrible SurvivorX, sorry to hear things are still bad for you. I sincerely hope things improve soon for you!

Thanks pinpin, up until recently all I'd tried was steroid cream, sudocrem and suppositories. I have waves of things being very manageable but then flair ups where they are not. With this recent flair up I sought proper help finally and was given rectogesic. Not sure if it helped but maybe a little. I've stopped using it after around 5 weeks. The biggest help was discovering that it's ok to use stool softeners long term as I always thought that was bad and that I should get off them as soon as I could. So this time I am using them as needed and this makes things manageable. I don't think things will ever be fixed, but with the help of stool softeners I haven't bled in I think just over 4 weeks now and only had a few occasions where spasm has caused mild discomfort.
over10yearsnow
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby pinpin » 28 Mar 2016, 05:29

It sounds terrible SurvivorX, there should be a light in dark tunnel. I pray for you. I didn't read all messages, what does you doctor say?

over10yearsnow, yes certain types of stool softeners is ok to use all your life, so do I. I am taking miralax constantly over several years, it keeps me from re-tears. On top of that spams pain are infinite loop of pain producing spasm, and spasm producing pain. It is important to break this cycle, so I take ibuprofen sometimes to stop this cycle and get it relaxed, with normal blood flow, and able to heal.
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator