Strange Problem

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Strange Problem

Postby Athaleutian » 01 Apr 2016, 01:37

Greetings, all.

I've been dealing with a rather strange and inscrutable problem for about five years now. Back in high school, I was in the habit of wiping very hard against the anus after a bowel movement in the belief that this would keep the area as clean as possible. One day, I wiped too hard and it appeared as though the left side of my anus (which receives most of the force, since I used my right hand to wipe) experienced a "collapse," of some sort, although I'm not sure if that's the right term to use. I immediately finished up and discovered that the left side of my anus was now a source of discomfort, especially when sitting down. At first, I dismissed it, thinking that this problem, whatever it was, would heal by itself. Days passed, then months, and it still had not healed. Here I am, five years later, and I still don't know what the problem is. I've seen gastroenterologists and colorectal surgeons. One of them told me that I had a fissure, but the next time I saw him, it had healed. Besides I have had rectal bleeding (sometimes quite severe) since at least kindergarten, and sometimes my toilet paper would be colored red rather than brown, but that had never bothered me or caused me any physical discomfort. It does not seem to be a hemorrhoid, since none of my doctors have detected any. And none of the medications that they prescribed (nifedipine, suppositories) had any effect in healing my discomfort (although a topical analgesic gel provided a small, though incomplete and temporary measure of relief.

As for the symptoms themselves, they're rather difficult to describe. It feels as though the left side of my anus is amiss in some way, and there seems to be an abnormally high amount of pressure on the left side, especially compared to the right, which is normal and does not bother me at all. Also interesting is that when I push against the right side, I feel some pain, and the texture of the right anal canal seems to be richer in blood vessels, fascia, or whatever it be (I am no anatomist, so I don't exactly know what it is). In contrast, I do not feel pain in my problematic left side when I push against it (maybe a bit of tenderness), but I do feel higher pressure, a feeling as though the (sphincter?) muscle is jutting out more compared to the right, and more "smoothness." These symptoms, especially the pressure, appear to be exacerbated my erections and masturbation, suggesting that the prostate might have something to do with this, although it's also worth noting that ejaculation causes me to tense/spasm my left-side anal muscles but not my right side, so it might just be muscular. I had a habit of masturbating very frequently leading up to this problem, so masturbation and sexual arousal might be a factor in perpetuating these symptoms.

Anyway, this discomfort is driving me crazy, and so I've come to you to see if anybody could offer their insight.

Best,
Athaleutian
Athaleutian

Topics: 1

Re: Strange Problem

Postby Athaleutian » 01 Apr 2016, 02:04

Also, I experience alleviation of symptoms when I have gas stuck in the rectum, as this pushes against the left side of the rectal wall and pushes it into a "normal," position.
Athaleutian

Topics: 1