Recovery time?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Recovery time?

Postby Guest » 29 Feb 2008, 10:54

Maybe if someone can drive you to class so you can lie down in the back (I know not too safe, but whatcha gonna do) and maybe see if you can stand at a lectern and take notes that way. The other thing which I have done is to lie on my side in the aisle. I know that no one want to draw attention to themselves but I couldn't miss my daughter's Christmas play so I just kind of leaned to the side and propped myself up on one arm.

Postby happyass » 01 Mar 2008, 08:18

lecia you're amazing.....
iamtiredofthis......it will all be unknown how you will react to the surgery, the incision, and perhaps your reaction to the anesthesia.
so you'll never know until it happens.
maybe you can also devise a plan B in case if you do need more time - like can someone tape these classes for you and somehow can you get them after class? can you have a study buddy that will come to you at home and share what happened?
contigency plans of all sorts are great. that way you would have everything covered and you are not going to be stressing out at home when you really should be recuperating and healing and taking care of yourself.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby small_flower » 02 Mar 2008, 14:32

I scheduled mine during a break I had (Im an education student) during february. The surgery was the thursday before the break, so I had that whole weekend, plus the whole next week to recover. I felt pretty good when I went back to school, but everyone there understood what I was going through and told me to take it easy. Maybe you can take off your spring break (if you get one?). If not... well... Sometimes we have to put ourselves first. Work with your professors and advisors to try to work something out.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62