Fistula Surgery

Diarrhea/pain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fistula Surgery

Postby Kmart » 23 Mar 2016, 06:55

I am in the 10 day after fistula surgery, my concern now is the amount of diarrhea that continues to pass through. My advise is to use recti-care cream before passing stool it will numb the pain as stool pass by your incision, it contains 5% lidocaine for numbing the area. Also use Calmoseptine Ointment it helps heal skin irritations. The main concern at this point is when am I going to use the bathroom I live 10 minutes from home so often I find my self driving home from the office to use the restroom. I am not one use to being home day to day so this is so hard for me to be limited. I will continue to post as I go through this process.
Kmart

Topics: 1

Re: Fistula Surgery

Postby Manitourose » 23 Mar 2016, 13:43

Hi Kmart, Sounds like you are doing many things to help. I would consider a call to your surgeon's office to discuss what you can do for the diarrhea. Keeping your stools a bit more regular will make the healing process a bit better and less painful.
Keep us updated and wishing you healing!
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby Aleks310 » 05 Apr 2016, 00:51

I will finally be getting fistulomy and seton placement next week April 11 th, have been dealing with this little bugger for 9 months now.. Wish me luck.. I will gladly answer any questions ..
Aleks310
Fibre Addict

Postby Canadabum » 05 Apr 2016, 06:11

Aleks-- best of luck for an easy procedure and speedy recovery! Keep us posted.
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Aleks310 » 11 Apr 2016, 17:38

I just got out the hospital for my fistuloctomy..and seton placement surgery took 1.5 hours I'm still dizzy from anesthesia but procedure it self was painless..accd to my CRS will have pain and soreness later.. I will update as much as I can and try to do it daily so you my friends .. Can ask me anything u want . The wait was the worse .. Mental stress was my pain.. my family there for me specially my wonderful wife makes a big difference ..
Aleks310
Fibre Addict

Postby chachacha » 11 Apr 2016, 18:29

Congrats and good luck. I hope that your recovery is quick and as pain-free as possible.

:hugs:
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Postby Aleks310 » 12 Apr 2016, 22:43

:thankyou: :naughty: Day after my surgery feel like crap. Body aching, neck, chest ,legs they gave me oxycodone and stool softener .. Plus lidocaine. Feel sore in my bum.. I'm terrified and still haven't had a BM .. I've been eating light drinking lots of water feel dazed .. But the only thing I regret is not doing this surgery sooner I tried all kinds of homeopathy medication including . Nirgundi oil.. Which I believe helped me the most towards the end .. I actually felt very little to no more pain .. I almost backed Out of my surgery .. But convinced my self by Jair thinking about the days I could not go any where because my anxiety .. If you have a Fistula/Fissure that won't clear on its own don't hesitate it's the only way to cure it I went 9 painful depressing months .. The worse pain in my life .. Says a lot since I have been shot before I wis this agony on no one not even my worse enemy.. This is some real hard stuff to deal with and I am very. glad that I know now that I'm on the road to recovery even if I feel like I got hit by a school bus.. My insurance is 60/40 so I had to pay out my pocket $3200 but IDC best $ I ever spent you can't enjoy your $$ with this condition .. We are not alone we must keep faith the man upstairs and keep your family involved as embarrassing as it may seem you wil be surprised how many people actually know of someone else that have had the same or even worse situation. Peace and love my friends will update day 3 tomorrow
Aleks310
Fibre Addict

Postby chachacha » 12 Apr 2016, 22:52

Most people find that the first BM is quite easy, so I hope that you have that experience too. Hopefully it will come tomorrow, and then it will be behind you. Keep us posted as you can and I hope that things improve quickly.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Postby Aleks310 » 13 Apr 2016, 19:50

:heart: Yes finally today BM .. Was scared to push out but had to since I felt constipated must have been all the anesthesia effects . I'm 6ft 1". 260 lbs I'm sure they almost had to use elephant tranquilizers ..lol but my BM was not as bad Thanks cha cha cha.. U gave me the motivation and I went into my office confident to use it.. There was minor amount of blood in my stool .. And I did rub lidocaine 5% on it before I did it .. Showered and felt like a new man.. Now the slow recovery .. Day 3 feeling less numbness and less body aches .. praying it gets better tomorrow..looking forward to having normal BM.. Guys keep it soft use strol softener and I also use meta n the morning along with the fruits that's help .. Pears,apples,papaya.jicama
Peace till tomorrow!!!
Aleks310
Fibre Addict

Postby Aleks310 » 14 Apr 2016, 19:54

Day 4 feeling a lot less body aches just soreness and pain in my Bum.. I can't hardly sit I'm laying in my side and have sometimes throbbing pain back there.. Had another BM .. Some blood but .. Not too painful.. Will keep taking my stool softener and eating light .. Trying not to take too much of the oxycodone but when I need it I need it.. Pain is about 5-7 .. With out it and 1-3 when I take it .. Will update tomorrow .. Peace
Aleks310
Fibre Addict

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here