Recently diagnosed

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Recently diagnosed

Postby Dizzydebs » 10 Apr 2016, 09:18

Was diagnosed a few days ago with a cronic AF, Dr prescribed Rectogesic ointment, I'm seriously struggling with it, headaches becoming prolonged and more severe, just had a bout of "palpitations', already have heart problems. Question is, if I phone the doctors is there anything different they could try giving me? As for headaches, paracetamol and ibuprofen not touching it, can't take anything opiot based because of my heart. ... anyone got a gun plzz??
Dizzydebs

Topics: 1

Re: Recently diagnosed

Postby Canadabum » 11 Apr 2016, 13:07

Hey Dizzy...the other two fissure creams that work well and DO NOT give headaches are: Nifedipine and Diltiazem. Some on this board (including me) have developed rashes from diltiazem after time so you may want to give nifedipine a try. No need to suffer from the headaches!

Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Dizzydebs » 11 Apr 2016, 13:30

Thank you so much with that info I'll go back to the doctor, I've suffered with a sore bum rather than suffer the horrendous side effects.
Dizzydebs

Postby FissureFighter80 » 15 Apr 2016, 16:09

I tried Rectogesic for about 3 weeks. First week it gave me horrendous headaches but almost got rid of the fissure or so I thought. Second week the fissure came back with a vengeance and Rectogesic didnt do anything but didnt give me headaches either. I eventually went for LISP as the pain was unbearable.

I wonder if Nifedipine and Diltiazem are available in the UK.
FissureFighter80
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Dizzydebs » 15 Apr 2016, 19:42

Sorry to hear your suffering too, no one will understand the pain unless they've experienced it themselves, the headaches are enough to push you over the edge on top of everything else. Sorry to be so ignorant but what is LISP please? I've got another appointment with my gp Thursday, I'll let you know what they say about different meds. Hope yr not suffering too much atm xx
Dizzydebs

Postby sore » 15 Apr 2016, 20:32

I had the same reaction with rectogesic - horrendous headaches and heart palpitations from day one (I only lasted about 3 days before I couldn't stand the headaches anymore). I actually haven't heard of anyone else also having heart palpitations before - my doctor said this was quite a rare side effect (it wasn't even listed in the side effects on the drug info sheet I had so it completely took me by surprise).

Please do let us know about the other meds. Anything to ease the spasms! Goodness.
sore
Salt Bather

Topics: 3