Just diagnosed with fissure HELP!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Just diagnosed with fissure HELP!!

Postby paininthebum21 » 23 Jan 2017, 06:30

Hi all

I am so glad I have found this site I have been in so much pain for the last 3 days I have to say the pain with every BM and for hours after is worse than when I gave birth (and I never thought I would say that!!)

GP examined me this morning and said I have a small tear and has prescribed Rectogesic Glyceryl Trinitrate 0.4%. I have applied this after a very very painful and bloody BM this morning for the first time and the pain is awful really burning and stinging is this normal?

Also I have got some stool softeners I have started taking and some germoloids cream. Can the germoloids be applied between appling the other cream or will that reduce the effectiveness of it?

Sorry for all the questions I just really need some relief from this pain before it drives me crazy :butthurts:
paininthebum21

Topics: 1

Re: Just diagnosed with fissure HELP!!

Postby Mypoorbutt » 23 Jan 2017, 08:20

Hi PITB,
Really sorry to hear you are suffering and the pain from spasms is the worst pain I have ever known when I was bad it lasted for hours and hours.
It's great you have been given the right cream so quickly as most GPs often mistake fissures for hems. It may sting and burn for a few days but if this becomes worse then just check with your gp because obviously some can be allergic...I was allergic to the diliatazem cream and thought my whole backside was on fire. GTN is what I use now and it should stop the spasms pretty quick.
As for germaloids I stopped using it as soon as I knew it was a fissure, you can ask your go for just lidocaine cream also coconut oil is very soothing sitz baths will really help with the spasms and encourage blood flow and promote healing.
You have caught this early and in a few weeks hopefully this pain will just be a bad memory
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20