New in here, please suggest me

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New in here, please suggest me

Postby Canadabum » 15 May 2016, 21:04

Myitzu -- i have never heard of himalaya pilex so cant give you any good info there.

As for healing and then experiencing blood after a hard stool -- that has happened to me many times. It can be very discouraging...not to mention painful. I decided to take a stool softener long term (Miralax) to help ensure my stool remains soft so that I can prevent injuring myself. Over time (year or two) I will wean myself off...but quite frankly if i need to take it for the rest of my life i will without hesitation (though it will be a pain in the butt...pun intended). Make sure you drink enough each day, get enough soluble fibre and keep the bm soft....do that for a good 6 months to a year to ensure proper healing (that is my own personal advice...not dr advice)

All best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Myitzu » 15 May 2016, 21:12

Hi Canadabum,
thanks for your reply and you guys are the best for helping us with your experience. I am taking Osmolax (Australia version) same ingredient as Miralax in very night before bed with full 17g spoon. Weird thing was 5 days straight for soft stool and next or some other days morning, I got abit hard form and saw a little blood over the pool. I never had dripping blood, some flesh, once in a week or maxim once in a fortnight. Now I am taking Magnesium 160g cap, 3 times per day for few days now and I think, I should take fiber supplementary as you explained, eventhough I eat papaya, pineapple or pear in every day (apple made me hard poo, with my system). I am using nitro cream for 2 months now and pain was on and off.
What is your suggestion for me, please, thank you so much and appreciate it.
regards,
Myitzu
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Canadabum » 15 May 2016, 21:44

Perhaps try dividing your dose of Osmolax -- half in the morning and half in the evening -- that way your body will have the active ingredient helping you absorb water in your colon all day.

If you use some metamucil start with the smallest amount and see how it works -- if it bulks you up too much and causes any pain then dont use. i have also used a fibre called "Clear Fibre" by RenewLife that is 100% soluble and made from Acacia Senegal -- it is great because it does not bulk up the stool at all...if you can find it you may want to give it a try.

We all have to try different foods -- all our guts are different. Good luck figuring out the right combo for you.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Myitzu » 15 May 2016, 22:19

Thanks indeed, Canadabum, will try meamucil from small amount,
appreciate it,
Myitzu
Salt Bather

Topics: 4