Hello. Anyone else get rash with Diltiazem?

Brief history

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello. Anyone else get rash with Diltiazem?

Postby RealBummer » 26 May 2016, 08:58

Hi. I am female, 64th birthday starts in 15minutes! Spot bleeding anal/rectal itching and what seemed like IBS, had colonoscopy in January and internal haems ligated. Follow up visit, still some bleeding and discomfort, booked in to have transanal doppler guided dearterialisation and skin tags removed March 29. Absolutely agonising recovery. Even found a chat forum devoted to that and oh the stories! Follow up visit end April, surgeon said beware may be fissure develop, must avoid at all coats, if the itching doesnt stop and spotting continues get this 2% dilitiazem made up and apply 3x daily. Meanwhile use calmoseptin on the raw skin tag scars, very sore like nappy rash. Must keep stools as soft as a Mr Whippy ice cream. His words, lol. Taking BioVit and actilax. Itching worsened and still some spot bleeding. Got diltiazem made up last Tues and began applying it. Last couple of days angry rash between and extending onto buttocks. Till I read this forum did not know must not get on skin. Saw some references to contact dermatitis in a few cases via googling. Spoke to compoinding pharmacist who agreed just use calmospetin (zinc cream with a bit of numbing agent I think) and leave off diltiazem. Rash feels better but anal itching is intense. I want to get a bottle brush and vigorously ram it up and down. I have been through hell the past two months to remove the itching and spotting and I still have itching and spotting. Am at wits end. See my colorectal surgeon Monday to discuss options. Right now suicide feels like one ... Only kidding but ykwim.
RealBummer
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1