10 weeks post fissurectomy, fistulotomy, sphincterectomy :(

10 weeks post fissurectomy, fistulotomy, sphincterectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

10 weeks post fissurectomy, fistulotomy, sphincterectomy :(

Postby JB812 » 30 May 2016, 21:32

As the title states , I had my surgery on March 17th, 2016... So I'm roughly 10 weeks out. I supposedly had a fissure that was infected and caused a fistula. I initially went to the doctor because of bright blood on stool and toilet paper and was leaking from fistula .

Anyways, I had the surgeries at once to correct the entire issue. I was worried about colon cancer but the dr didn't seem concerned because I'm a healthy , fit 33 year old. I had digital rectal exam and andoscopy and she saw those issues and nothing else of concern from that exam, which prompted the surgery.

I didn't have a ton of pain except for BM's and it stung bad then. I had blood occasionally then the stinging pain during BM and blood stopped for a couple weeks . This past weekend I was in Chicago and ate horribly and had a stinging pain. Again, I've had this bright blood streaks down my stool . So now I'm freaking out again.

Anyone else have blood streaks on stool going out close to 3 months post surgery?
JB812

Topics: 2

Re: 10 weeks post fissurectomy, fistulotomy, sphincterectomy

Postby FissureFighter80 » 02 Jun 2016, 16:02

I am about 9 weeks post LIS and I see occasional blood on the toilet paper. I think the wound can take quite a long time to fully heal and you can see occasional blood from the wound. I have read on this forum for some people it took nearly 2 years for full healing. Definitely speak to your surgeon but also be vigilant about your stool consistency. It seems like you are still not fully healed.

Also don't worry and be happy. I have found its a cure for a lot of issues itself. You been through the hard part and these small blips will go away with time as well. All the best :)
FissureFighter80
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: 10 weeks post fissurectomy, fistulotomy, sphincterectomy

Postby JB812 » 04 Jun 2016, 20:11

I had a few recent BM's and they were somewhat harder . I had a sharp stinging pain and the pieces of stool that followed had a pin stripe of blood down them. It's healed on the outside but it feels like it's coming from just inside my anus.
JB812

Topics: 2

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?