MIRALAX?

Chronic Fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: MIRALAX?

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 04 Jun 2016, 09:17

I was a little chicken because I did not want to get diarrhea I landed up taking colace twice and only half a cup of miralax. Mistake. Today has been really tough and I think I am sapping my family too. I decided to try colace three times and a full cup of miralax tonite. I just need to get through today's pain. It's Saturday and Usually that's a cheerful happy day. But my yells with pain seem to have cast a shadow on the whole house. I am sorry I am doing this to them.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Canadabum » 04 Jun 2016, 11:28

TX...you got it right. I now take 1/4 teaspoon twice a day. It is true that I might be able to stop but I am in no rush at this point. Will continue for the next 6 months most likely and simply take smaller and smaller amounts.
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 05 Jun 2016, 22:13

Ok bad news. Miralax and colace together during transition = no bm yet for 36 hours. Tomorrow is going to be bad and I know it. But I must say no bm means I was pain free, though I know I will live to regret it very soon....don't know which emoticon to put on here laugh or cry? Shot a few hoops with my son and played cards with my daughter and cooked quite a bit today. Tomorrow I will be bed ridden again . Maybe miralax is not for me :(
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby sore » 06 Jun 2016, 22:18

It can take a while for Miralax to start working - for me up to four days with no other change in my routine. My advice is just don't try to force a BM/strain. I have found it DOES eventually work - the waiting is just a killer (I know, whenever any of us go more than 24 hours without a BM alarm bells start to ring in our heads). Don't give up just yet.
sore
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby TX1984 » 06 Jun 2016, 23:02

DON'T GIVE UP! It takes a few days to kick in, but once it does then you are set!
TX1984
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 07 Jun 2016, 08:03

Agree friends . Yes the more than 24 hours kills me with mental agony but straining makes the physical pain so bad and I am sure sets me back. So my new regimen is colace 200 mg three times a day ( yes that's 6 pills and yes that's more than recommended ) and miralax 3/4 recommended dose. Keeping a regular diary here now for the post Botox course. Take care folks
Healingthroughdiet
VIP