Really need advice!!!

Where to go from here

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Really need advice!!!

Postby Katia72 » 09 Jun 2016, 06:55

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and really hoping people out there can help me. I've had an anal fissure for 4 years now and have had 6!!!! Operations but nothing seems to work. Am now on anti depressants and have gained a huge amount of weight so feeling very low. I'm seeing my consultant in 3 weeks and think I'm going to ask him if I can have a stoma bag as I'm sure still using the area every time is not helping. I'm sure I read somewhere that this is done as standard in America but when I asked about it a couple of years ago he said when it was reversed the fissure would just come back. Any advice or help would be very welcome as really don't want any more muscle cut as scared stiff I'll lose control!!

Thanks everyone.
Katia72
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Really need advice!!!

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 09 Jun 2016, 08:08

I am sorry to hear about your pain and recurrent fissure. May I ask if your surgeon believed Botox is an option? I have had 2 surgeries of LIS with recurrence , and was advised BOTOX. I have some slight improvement after it, though still very early. I have a diary to log my progress . See if it helps you. No ideas About colostomy, sorry my CRS dos not even bring it up. I can ask next time I see her however as a general questions and see what she says.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Katia72 » 09 Jun 2016, 09:58

I've had Botox several times with no improvement unfortunately. Just hoping there's an answer out there!
Katia72
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Jun 2016, 10:21

Hi I did ask about a colostomy as I have lost 4 stone already and can imagine I have probably lost more as I have only had one slice of fruit toast in 6 days lol.
He did say that it is an option as a last resort but I do have IBD so not sure if that impacted on his decision.
My friend had a temp ileostomy as she had fissures and 4 fistula sand she said the fissures healed very quick like in 6 weeks but the fistulas took a lot longer so she still has the ileostomy.
You can ask and if it is ruining your life remember it's your choice...if my spasms were still at a 8 - 9 then I would have sat in that office till they agreed to give it me as no human should have to live in that amount of pain.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Jun 2016, 10:24

Just a thunk maybe they would agree to a colostomy if you had a second LIS my GP said if I had incontinence I would be put straight in for a stoma if I wanted one
Mypoorbutt

Postby Katia72 » 09 Jun 2016, 11:01

I've had 2 cuts of muscles and I too have IBS so maybe he'll consider it. Logically to me surely it will help if you're not going to the loo straight after an op!!
Katia72
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Jun 2016, 11:19

Oh well surely they will at least consider it then as plainly LIS isn't working for you and like you say going to the loo straight after is no good hence why I didn't eat for 2 days before and 4 days after...should have gone longer though as my slice of toast has literally just come straight through me (cries)
In my opinion the pain of the spasms stops life way more than incontinence (trust me been there done that..in the middle of a shop) so if they will happily give a stoma for incontinence why on earth won't they give it for spasms...it only needs to be for 4 - 6 months
Mypoorbutt

Postby Katia72 » 10 Jun 2016, 03:57

I know!! I've got my appointment on the 29th so we'll see what happens. Just feel like my life has been on hold for the past 4 years!
Katia72
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 10 Jun 2016, 04:17

Glad you got an appointment through quickly, I'm sure if you explain the impact it's having on you physically and mentally they will at least consider it...are you in the UK
Mypoorbutt

Postby Katia72 » 10 Jun 2016, 04:56

Yes I am. This is the first time I'm seeing my consultant following my surgery at the beginning of February, was supposed to be seen 6/8 weeks after!!! Last year it was 11 months so at least this is only 5!!!!
Katia72
Fibre Addict