When will my incision heal? 4 months post LIS

Incision from LIS not healing

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: When will my incision heal? 4 months post LIS

Postby Ohio » 16 Jun 2016, 21:50

Yea usually superficial...mine was.
U said u had weird drainage...u sure u know where it's coming from?
Thought mine was my anus but was actually fistula.
Surgery didn't scare me either...just wanted it over...your right...the recovery time is what sucks.
I'm so tired of washing my ass!!!
Crs said don't need to do do sitz...he said just shower it off real good. Which was better cuz much faster.
Still tired of washing my ass though...lol.
Yea the anxiety/depression sucks.
But..we will get there eventually.
Ohio
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby caf1988 » 18 Jun 2016, 16:46

Yeah now I'm thinking I definitely have an abscess- the incision itself doesn't hurt that much but the area next to it like the right butt cheek near the anal opening is sore always and I felt around - it feels like a hard mass under the skin. Not really formed just general hardness. Is this abscess or just sore tense muscles? Either way a CT has to be able to pick this up. Glad you are feeling better. I can't believe I've wasted almost a year dealing with this.
caf1988
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Ohio » 18 Jun 2016, 17:15

Sounds like u got what I had.
Somewhat unrelated...I had some blood in my stool today for 1st time since 1 week post op (5 weeks ago I had surgery).
Pretty sure it's cuz I overdid it yesterday. Yesterday was 1st time since surgery I did super physical work.
No other symptoms...just little blood.
Ohio
Fibre Addict

Postby caf1988 » 18 Jun 2016, 17:21

Yes I work out a lot too and will feel fine directly after a work out but the next day I'm sore down there. I guess some people lose weight with these issues - I am gaining with laying around all day and consuming so many calories with all the high fiber smoothies I drink... I guess just blood is okay? How many weeks until you're healed? Hopefully it'll finally be over. On a side note, I noticed the antibiotics I took helped a bit with the drainage and also seemed to even out my stomach which makes me think Chrons was also missed in my diagnosis. I have to have some underlying issue, do you? I just can't believe these doctors. I'm from the USA so it has been a nightmare.
caf1988
Salt Bather

Postby Ohio » 18 Jun 2016, 17:29

I'm from USA too.
Yellow drainage is normal as is occasional blood as long as bleeding isn't excessive or a clot. That what my discharge instructions tell me.
Don't think I have anything underlying. I initially got fissure from a very hard & huge bm.
I mistook it as my hemorrhoids. Never healed with anything. So I got LIS...then infection for surgical site (abscess)...then fistula...then fistulotomy.
All this cuz one had poop. I will always eat nuff fiber for rest of my life u can b sure of that!
I do have issues with my belly now but I'm pretty sure it's cuz anxiety/depression of dealing with all this.
From what I've researched Crohns or Ulcerative colitis r r while diff level of pain & bm issues.
I'm pretty regular...once maybe twice a day & diarrhea is rare for me...it's loose often cuz all fiber but that's it.
Only have mild belly aches & only sometimes.
Think mine is all from that one hard poop.
Ohio
Fibre Addict

Postby caf1988 » 18 Jun 2016, 17:34

Yes same here - I went from a healthy plant based vegetarian diet to a diet of white rice and meat when I moved from America to live abroad in Asia for a year (low low fiber) I had a fissure for a while thought it was hemorrhoids then one awful bout of constipation made it chronic. Then the LIS and I guess infection. It's just odd to me that I'm one of like 2% of people suffering from the abscess post LIS my surgeon said it was unusual. Thanks for sharing. I hope they can push me through to get this surgery as well.
caf1988
Salt Bather

Postby Ohio » 18 Jun 2016, 17:39

That's what I thought...why m I the 2%...but I was.
I read n article from New England journal of medicine that did a study proving this complicatin is actually much higher rate than 2%.
Their studies proved 16%!
Regardless but of luck.
Ohio
Fibre Addict