Craving something citrus

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Craving something citrus

Postby buttgirl » 04 Mar 2008, 13:21

ho hum...boring diet. I haven't had a grapefruit since the beginning of November. I used to have one for breakfast everyday. I am totally craving something tangy and sour, but the fear of battery acid poos overrides my cravings, much to my dismay. Can't wait for LIS and summer full of citrus....
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: Craving something citrus

Postby Guest » 04 Mar 2008, 15:01

That is so weird but right after I had my hemorrhoidectomy I had this huge craving for oranges. I had been avoiding them due to the acidic nature but our bodies must be telling us there is something in there that we must have. I went ahead and ate the oranges because I figured it was going to hurt to poop no matter what.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Mar 2008, 15:04

Thats funny, because as much as I love fruit, I have absolutely zero craving for citrus.....
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Mar 2008, 16:42

I can't live without citrus !!!! If I don't have time to peal one I have a glass of orange juice. I always loved citrus ! When I was pregnant , that was my ONLY and constant craving ! BUT, I also love other sour stuff ; )) , like pickled ANYTHING - and a smell of vinegar just make me salivate like nothing else LOL !!! When I am done with my green salad, with olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing, I drink what is left of dressing , ha ha ha - yeah ... I have my "nutty" side too LOL !!! I was like that since early childhood and I made my grandma crazy by doing that - she thought I would die of "vinegar poisoning" or would for sure, at least, barf later on her rug LOL !!!!
Love to all !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61