My Anal fissure story so far

Anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

My Anal fissure story so far

Postby Dangerous25 » 14 Jul 2016, 04:28

I was diagnosed with Anal Fissure over a month ago by my GP here in UK.
I had a rectal examination and was confirmed a fissure and was given Scheriproct on prescription.
I used it for 7 days and then began googling on the net for the causes of it.
Right now it feels better and i am aware that it heals on its own.
After my diagnosis i switched my diet from spicy curries(I am Asian) and staying off Cheese and going on a stool softening diet(apricots, plums, peaches and prunes).
I also began drinking more water and did not fast during the month of Ramadan as dehydration can make it worser.
I also began releasing my stools very slowly when i went to the toilet.
I think my problem began when i held my bowel movement when i was unable to get to a toilet straightaway.
In the past i have experienced dry stools and difficulty passing.
Now i head straight to the toilet on the first signs of a bowel movement.
I did not use any laxatives since the diagnosis and just relied on the fruits as stool softeners.
I can still feel some light itching in my anal and will continue the diet for another month.
I will be monitoring myself for the rest of the month and keeping a track of things.
Mind you an itchy anal can happen when you have not washed your anal properly after a bowel movement.
Dangerous25

Topics: 1

Re: My Anal fissure story so far

Postby AF2016 » 17 Jul 2016, 14:02

H, sorry o heat that you are suffering. My GP and surgeon also here in the UK advised me not to use scheriproct for my fissure as this thins the skin and is solely used for piles. Have they prescribed you with anything else? GTN ointment or diltiazem?? Either or of these creams are used to treat fissures. Also sudocrem is a life saver. Hope you start to feel better soon
AF2016
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby efr97 » 18 Jul 2016, 10:22

Go back and ask your GP for Rectogesic 0.4% ointment, Scheriproct is useless. Buy Lactulose or similar and take 25-35 ml per day, 15ml of this in the morning. Another great tip is to have oat porridge for breakfast, ensures perfect stool consistency.

Believe me, get this sorted now while you have the chance, you do not want this thing to go chronic.
efr97
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 20 Jul 2016, 19:11

Hello there sorry to hear you have a tissue and glad u r better .Miralax which is polyethylene glycol is key to helping me keep things soft and fiber to keep it formed. I use colace or docusate sodium in addition. I use that three times a day.
Glad you are watching what you eat - helped me go vegan and cool everything and even juice fruit during my worst days. Lots of water helps me too. Magnesium pills twice a day seems to add to keeping it soft. Vitamin c and e have been recommended by many.
Best time to intervene is now and hope you heal soon.
Best HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2