My Story so far

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: My Story so far

Postby caf1988 » 30 Jun 2016, 13:38

Hi fissure fighter- good to hear you are sounding better. I'm 2 months out and still have a bit of swelling and sore pain near the incision site. If I have a big or hard movement I feel like the inside of my anal canal where fissure was and incision is getting scratched. The feeling is kind of a relief bc things get itchy.
One question - can you feel scar tissue on the incision site next to the anal canal? It's like I've got a hard knot or mass inside lining the incision that's palpable if I push hard on the butt cheek next to it. The dr doesn't seem to think abscess but I'm getting some tests done anyways. Just wondering if you had this. Pain wise it is sore only if I sit on a hard bench for a long time.
caf1988
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby paine » 24 Jul 2016, 08:45

hi ff. i hope that all is well. has your concern about dry bum been resolved. im experiencing that too and i would like to know how are you addressing that. mine gets itchy as well aside from being dry. thanks
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby FissureFighter80 » 04 Aug 2016, 14:21

Paine,

For dryness after I have been to the loo I wash my bum then apply Epiderm cream on it and then wash it again. So basically use epiderm like soap.

With itchiness I found that it happened when I was dirty because of leakage etc. So washing helps that as well.
FissureFighter80
Fibre Addict

Postby Happyending » 28 Sep 2016, 13:47

Hey FissureFighter80,
how has your healing been and has the leakage improved in any way? I had LIS 6 days ago and sometimes slight leakage 30 min after BM. Wondering if that will improve....
Happyending
Salt Bather

Postby FissureFighter80 » 28 Sep 2016, 16:13

Happyending,

Give it up to 6 months to 1 year for every thing to settle down. Before that just cope with what ever you get thrown at would be my advice :)

Best of luck.
FissureFighter80
Fibre Addict