Eating coconut oil helps

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Eating coconut oil helps

Postby Sadie22 » 27 Apr 2016, 08:57

Hi everyone I have been struggling with a fissure for about 6 months now...I have tried many things creams, drinking lots of water, fybogel, dulcoease, suppositories...The bm was unbelievably painful, hemorhoids were painful and stomach cramps were painful.
For about the last 3 or 4 weeks I have been taking a big teaspoon of coconut oil every other day and this seems to be helping.
The first week or so it doesnt give you the best feeling in your belly to have the coconut oil, probably because initially I was having more than what I have now. But this week has been the best I have been in 6 months.
I cant believe how it has helped me as I have been eating the same food as before and have been drinking very little fluids (bad i know)

I keep expecting to have the cutting glass feeling but it doesnt come and I havent bled in over a week, my bum also is not sore after the bm.

I wont say the pooing is the most comfortable thing in the world but I would say its just slightly worse or maybe the same as normal constipation....I would take that any day of the week than suffer the cut glass feeling again.
I would also say that my bm's dont seem quite as big as before which is probably helping the fissure to heal, I wonder if that could be down to the coconut oil.

I have also been pushing on my bum above my anus when pooing and the two together seem to be really helping. My fissure is at the top of my anus near the tailbone, so not sure if the pushing would work for everyones fissure, but it seems to take some pressure off the fissure.

If you try the coconut oil and it doesnt seem to work straight away give it time after awhile it seems to help.
The one thing I would say is that before I was doing very big bm's they were pretty painful and would make me bleed but after that I would feel like I was empty...with the coconut oil I often feel like I am not quite finished, which is not the best feeling, but if its helping me heal I dont mind and probably could be improved when I have hopefully healed.
Sadie22
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Eating coconut oil helps

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 07 Jun 2016, 08:17

I have been using coconut oil more for the external application , that helps a little. Do you think you have to drink it separately or is it enough to cook with it what do you do?
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Sadie22 » 07 Jun 2016, 09:47

I was just eating a teaspoon of it, about 2 times a day...not gonna lie its a bit of a weird taste/feeling as its very slimy and only tastes faintly of coconut...but you'll survive and it seems to have kick started my system a bit...I'm still eating the same diet (which is not super healthy), not drinking very much but going to the toilet has improved alot...and I dont even take the coconut oil anymore....I wont say I am going in comfort exactly....on occasion its a bit too soft sometimes a bit hard...but the main thing is the fissure seems to have healed....if you are not a big coffee drinker having the occasional cup of coffee can help make stools a bit softer too
Hope I helped
Sadie22
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby roseya » 13 Jul 2016, 17:26

sadie22: not sure if you'll check this thread, but I pm-ed you earlier.

If anyone is interested, my intro post on my routine is here: post123596.html

No matter what I ate, I couldn't figure out how to get my stools to stay soft. I drink lots of water, eat lots of fruit, eat oatmeal, try to get in some more veggies...but some days it would be hard (at the tip) and I would re-tear and have an awful week after trying to recover.

After reading this thread, I started taking 1tsp of coconut oil (I'm now up to 2.5 tsp total per day now - with meals) and think I have found the holy grail of soft stool!

I've even stopped taking magnesium citrate. I am planning to gradually increase my coconut oil intake to 3-5tbsp.

For me, I still need to be mindful of my diet - i.e. I need to eat LESS fiber to keep my stool size smaller, but I can eat fries, chips, coke, and still have soft stools. I feel like I am getting my old life back!

I don't want to get overly excited just yet (it's only been about a week of really good soft bm's), but I will stick with the coconut oil for at least a month and report back.

I am currently taking the Better Body Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. I'm not sure of the quality but it has been helping with making my stools softer even at the tip. Once I finish it I am getting a glass jar of Nutiva which is highly rated and recommended.
My recovery diary thread: http://anal-fissure.org/my-recovery-diary-going-the-natural-route-t10836.html
Soft stool: olive oil + coconut oil with meals, 2 magnesium citrate 150mg caps
Creams used: Polysporin (2 antibiotics), Sudocrem, Vaseline
Amazing fiber spreadsheet: post123866.html#p123866
roseya
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby roseya » 26 Jul 2016, 02:05

Just to update this thread incase anyone is following it....

I noticed that once I reached 2.5 tsp total per day, I started experiencing some more die off symptoms and it wasn't consistently making my stools softer. Also I experienced diarrhea for 3 days, but I'm not sure if it's the coconut oil or food poisoning.

I'm still taking 1 tsp daily for the skin smoothing benefits, but I am relying on other things to keep my stool soft (e.g. the magnesium citrate, water before meals, and also olive oil).

Eventually I will increase my coconut oil intake, but it seems I have to do it slowly as I feel it is detoxing my body.

I recommend olive oil in addition to coconut oil (I don't experience detox effects with olive oil, although I do get indigestion if I have too much).
My recovery diary thread: http://anal-fissure.org/my-recovery-diary-going-the-natural-route-t10836.html
Soft stool: olive oil + coconut oil with meals, 2 magnesium citrate 150mg caps
Creams used: Polysporin (2 antibiotics), Sudocrem, Vaseline
Amazing fiber spreadsheet: post123866.html#p123866
roseya
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 27 Jul 2016, 19:13

Thanks Roseya -What does everyone feel about and external application of olive oil instead of coconut oil? Please write in to say
Best HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2