Success!

The protocol that helped me

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Success!

Postby Bloodyhealed » 13 Jun 2016, 14:47

I posted elsewhere but this may be more appropriate here..

Hi,

I have registered in order to tell you about the protocol that worked for me, in the hope that it will work for you.

I have always suffered with piles and fissures. After my second pregnancy I had a horrid fissure that lasted eight weeks. It was hell, Christmas Day lunch I just spent unable to stand or sit because i was in so much pain from the spasm.

It was a really positive post on here that turned it around for me. I decided I was not going to be a victim anymore, I was going to reclaim my life.

Obviously after 8 weeks of hell I had tried everything. So I read everything I could on the subject and here is the protocol I used.. But first the results...after 8 weeks of dreading poops and being in hell!

Day one, it bled again after using the toilet but for the first time no all day pain!!!
Day two, it stung but no bleeding. Oh my god the relief
Day three.......it didn't re open! I couldn't believe it!
Day five- till now, four month later... No fissure!

Ok so I did a multi pronged attack

1. Got the stool the right consistency- someone said 'toothpaste' which I found useful- I used 'milk of magnesia' once a day and a big glass of water every other hour. ( I found fibre medicines not so useful as they just created a bigger stool)

2. I learn that you have two sphincters! An inner one I didn't know about. The reason the fissures don't heal is because the inner one in in spasm (causing the pain) and so the blood supply isn't good enough for the fissure to heal before you use the toilet again. So I did several thing to counter act this-

A) whenever I had a second I just visualised this muscle reeelaaaxing ahhhhhhh.
B) did breathing exercises saying to myself on the in breath 'I heal' on the out breath 'I relax' whilst visualising the area. There are many studies proving the power of visualisation for healing the body, so not totally woo!
C) before I went to the toilet I visualised the sphincter opening, relaxing and staying open and relaxed for the entire toilet visit, as I knew that it was the sphincter going into spasm that causes that sharp rip.
D) I set up going to the toilet in such away that I was more likely to be able to stay relaxed- lavender oil in the sits bath, classical music, and thought of my babies smile to keep me happy! I also kept the 'open and relaxed' visualisations going. -I think this whole visualisation part was very powerful. Don't skip this bit!

3) sitz bath. You can get a little bowl that sits on the toilet and you fill with hot water. I use it for washing after so as to avoid toilet paper. But in the Emergancy of the fissure I had to do this... And it was very effective. Fill it with lovely hot water and sit in it while you do your poo. The theory being that the warm water relaxes the whole process. I also found that with the hot water and the 'toothpast' consistency together, my butt didn't really know I was doing a poop so didn't know to 'spasm in anticipatory fear' . I then flush the contents and refilled to wash my butt. Nice hot water only stings for a second of two. It felt degrading at the time if I'm honest, but now it is a glowing memory as it saved me! My fist poop without pain!!!

4) after the bowel movement I would sit on a heated wheat bag and wiggle sometimes or imagine blood going to the area and healing the wound. Remember the mission is to relax the sphincter so blood can get to the wound and heal it. Warmth, movement and visualisation can all help with this.

5) this one is the only one I didn't know if really made the differnce or not. But the science is solid and the placebo effect is a winner if nothing else! I used a microcurrent patch overnight to help heal the fissure. The idea being if I could get it healed before the next bowel movement I would be onto a winner! Microcurrents have been proved to accelerate healing time, they use them on fine racehourses! The one I had was a micro current therapy patch, I stuck one plaster on each cheek when I went to bed. I did this for three nights. I'd idnt need it after that.

6) I use a lubricant ( I used instilagel, that my dr prescribed me as it had a anasthetic in) but I don't think that was nessasary as it was never on long enough to use the anasthetic quality, so a silky non stick lube would work too. Before the bowel movement I would put it on my finger and insert it inside my anus to just past the second sphincter ( cut your nails!) when the finger touches the sphincter this is a perfect opportunity to tell the body that this is where you want it to relax.

After everything I used Milton spray to wash the sitz bath and my hands so I felt all clean again

( I think I might have used an anal douch with a mix of water and coconut oil) the first day too)

Lastly I read a study that said that people who got anal fissures have a tighter resting pressure of this sphincter I also read in another study that a mild milk alergy tightened the sphincter and when they gave up milk the fissures went and the sphincter relaxed - so I gave up milk for four weeks at the same time. Put all the odds in your favour I say!

I really really hope this helps someone! If it does say so on this thread, so others know if to try it :) good luck
Bloodyhealed

Topics: 2

Re: Success!

Postby pinpin » 27 Jul 2016, 01:07

Great post! Thank you for sharing this! I am really happy it all helped you, and hopefully will be useful to someone!
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Re: Success!

Postby sjrose99 » 31 Jul 2016, 19:24

It sounds like it's important to know your own allergies. I suspect dairy in my own situation but I'm not sure. Thanks for your input.
sjrose99
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1