Post Fistula Surgery!

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Post Fistula Surgery!

Postby ThisTooShallPass » 05 Aug 2016, 03:11

Hi guys, G here, from Singapore! New here, so this is my first ever post! Not an active forum user of sorts, so I'm sorry if I post stuff in wrong areas or anything!

Just had fistulectomy done a week ago. Not a very pleasant experience but I'm sure everything will be on the up and up from here on out!

So I had this abscess thing next to my anus for about a year or so. Was advised back then to remove it but I didn't because I was just hesitant for surgery, and it became a fistula on its own, constantly filling and "bursting" every other day. Recently got so bad I went down to a CRS and that was just horrible!

He performed fistulectomy ON THE SPOT. I was quite clueless about things so I just went through with it. It was pretty unprofessional of him on hindsight, because there had not been much hygiene measures taken!

Day 2, went back to his clinic for dressing, and the wound profusely bled, soaking my underwear and pants and all. Their attempts to stop the bleeding by pressure and gauze didn't work until the doctor went to perform hemostasis.

On day 4, bled AGAIN. Profusely still. And me having anxiety disorder, I thought I was going to die. I was laying in my bed post shit and bath, when suddenly the entire bed lining was completely soaked through. I panicked and phoned the local hospital who rushed over and sent me to A&E. They managed to quell the bleeding and my CRS then sent his nurses to pick me up and again I went back to his clinic, where he performed hemostasis again. Both hemostasis were done under local anaesthesia.

Day 5, back at home, same thing. Lying in bed and it bled AGAIN. The entire process repeated with the ambulance rushing me back to the local hospital. But this time I decided to be warded, and on Day 6 the surgeons there did a EUA and hemostasis, and some stitching of the inner wound.

I still have an open wound, but now discharged just awhile ago and am home now. Feels a lot better! Still having anxiety whenever I feel fluid drip from the wound... And I have to fight to control anxiety :/

Oh! My CRS didn't even want to give me antibiotics and he didn't even tell me what a sitz bath is! But the local hospital did.

Will keep this thread updated until recovery!

As of now, open wound, slight bleeding with lots of discharge, this brown stinky gunk. Not much pain, taking stool softeners and occasional painkillers when it gets painful after taking a shit.

Hopefully I'll have a speedy recovery! Thanks for reading! I'll post again soon.

To our recovery! :thankyou:
ThisTooShallPass

Topics: 1

Re: Post Fistula Surgery!

Postby ThisTooShallPass » 05 Aug 2016, 19:40

Day 8 Morning:
Just took a dump, as usual the stinging pain is there at the wound. What I do is use a shower head to wash off some excess stools, then sitz bath right after, with minimal wiping from toilet papers or tissues because that can irritate the still open wound. The sitz bath is really effective at soothing the stinging pain, and also at clearing out dirt from the BM!
ThisTooShallPass

Topics: 1

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?