Fissure fully healed after 8 weeks on Nitro

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Fissure fully healed after 8 weeks on Nitro

Postby Ever the Optimist » 15 Jul 2013, 11:51

Hey Crackinup,
You're doing fine!
That burning/ itching sensation I can guarantee was probably due to the spices. It's amazing how what you eat can produce such reactions in that sensitive area. I ate a handful of pickled onions a few weeks ago - that was a mistake. My bottom felt pickled after that BM! I overdid it again on fresh OJ and lemons on a few ocassions and the stinging from the acid made my poor bottom sore! You really do have to watch what you eat sometimes....because it can irritate the scar tissue and the area generally.
Glad to hear that recent flare up was nothing more than a possible infection. Take it easy the night before your flight! and drink lots of water.....I also agree that it can be annoying to get those after-effects but it certainly does make you more mindful again!!.........
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby CrackinUp » 31 Jul 2013, 04:23

Hi Ever the Optimist, pleased to hear you are doing so well!! :)
My sentinel pile, or perhaps the tag, now seems to hang out of my rear end quite often. It's a weird sensation but I think it's because I'm so much more relaxed now. I certainly never have any issues going to the toilet.
It's sometimes a bit 'wet' down there. Sometimes mild discomfort (I mean really mild) but I think I've learn to accept that it'll never be quite the same again. The spices that seem to set a flare up off are anything with those dried chillis in. I'm guessing I don't digest these well and they must sting / irritate the tag.
I'm now eating red meat once, sometimes twice a week without any issues. Diet completely normal now - just need to be careful with spices really. Exercising 4-5 days per week and am fighting fit again. Long may it continue!!
Hope you're still well :)
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby CAFpain » 03 Oct 2013, 09:34

Rectogestic is called Rectiv in the US. It's .4%. They have coupon on their website:
http://www.rectiv.com/en/patient_savings_program
CAFpain

Postby CAFpain » 03 Oct 2013, 09:47

Anonymon wrote:
CrackinUp wrote:
Anonymon wrote:How much do you think the Nitro really helped you? That's pretty much the last frontier for me, which I'm hesitant of getting because it would take weeks to get, and I worry I will have made substantial enough progress by then not to need it.

I couldn't have healed without the Nitro, I'm convinced of that. Once the Nitro started working it REALLY helped, to the point where I could wait for spasms to come on then apply it and have 3 hours relief. I was close to pain free most days. I would seriously get on with the Nitro now as it slowly relaxes your internal sphincter and also opens up the veins in your ass which encourages more blood into the area and speeds up healing.
Don't get me wrong, soft poop and not pushing really accelerated the healing process - that I'm sure of - but people seem to respond to the various treatments so differently. I really got on well with Nitro as I had no headaches and really did get instant relief after application (once it started working!). I'm on my second tube now and STILL haven't stopped using it. I'm a big believer in this course of treatment now and it does heal 80% of cases.
Before I had my big tear I still had a fissure or fissures, but was convinced I could heal through diet alone. Then I ripped myself really bad and my doctor gave me Nitro... for that I will be eternally grateful!!
A fissure will struggle to heal if you're having lengthy spasms every day, so my advice is don't waste any more time and get the Nitro :)

I'll see if I can get my GP to prescribe it then. What specific mixture did you use? And about how much did it cost? I hear some people use Nitro, others use Nitro/other things all together. .2%, .4%, etc. If I give my GP something specific, she might save me a trip to a CRS or Proctologist.

Rectogestic is called Rectiv in the US. It's .4%. They have coupon on their website:
http://www.rectiv.com/en/patient_savings_program
CAFpain

Postby anne123 » 15 Aug 2016, 18:39

:heartthrow:
anne123
Fibre Addict

Postby anne123 » 15 Aug 2016, 18:55

Hi im with couple of fissures
Some hv healed nd mayb 2 mending..its 2 months now.. i tried the nitro the 1st time and i thought its not working bcs hurts.. but i realised it should hurt bcs it works.. and i was on different meds.. i tried nitro again and mend mayb 2 fissures.. now 1 or 2 remains..
Im better i can sit.. no cry like before ..
But im still in pain and dr was goin to prescribe it but gave lignocaine 5% which doesnt help that much and cause allergy....
I still have gtn.. should i use it?? Is it safe?
I really manage my food and diet with natural laxative before sleep..... im getting better i dont deny
and walking helps... and water...
But when BM comes im worry.... and gtn was relaxing the rectum.... so please i need some help :( can i re.use gtn??
anne123
Fibre Addict