Dull ache feeling, help

Dull ache feeling, help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Dull ache feeling, help

Postby Engr » 17 Sep 2016, 12:00

Hello all, thank you for all the discussions. Many kind people here.

38yo male, fairly healthy. 1.5 years ago or so, didn't have best diet and had a external thrombosed hem pop up a couple different times. Right at about 11 o'clock upper left. First time went away quick, day or so. The last time it last much longer, few weeks but did end up going away. I did see a doc, said it was external thrombosis and clots can have a mind of their own but it will go away eventually which it did. He only looked externally. Very painful, but mostly exterior pain but I did feel a bit of an ache up inside that felt related/connected. To this day there is a bit of a soft small lump in that area but can't feel on the outside when in normal relaxed position. Have to open a little to feel in there usually during shower.

Changed diet and quit doing some other things that surly weren't helping. Been completely fine externally for a long time. However, now I have this ongoing ache feeling deep inside on that left side. I'm sure I'm dealing with some referred pain due to the lack of nerves up in there, but this ache feeling will sometimes even radiate to the front of my lower belly, or maybe groin area. Even though I'm getting this aching feeling all the way to the front of my body, I'm almost certain it's related to the original area where I had the external issue. Sometimes I will get a sharp brief pain feeling very near the external area, but just on the inside.

I never, ever have bleeding. Passing stools can sometimes feel a scrape feeling, but never any grooves in stools or anything weird. No flat or skinny stools. The actual consistency or size of the stool doesn't really seem to impact things much one way or another. I am very regular, first thing when I get up every day, never need to strain. Sometimes I can feel okay early in the day, then worse later or vice versa. Very odd.

Do you guys think I may just have an internal hem messing with me? Or perhaps this could be a fissure?

I have had a CRS bookmarked on my computer for over a year. I know what he will do when I go see him and I fear that. I have told myself that if things don't improve this winter I will face my fear and make an appointment.

Thank you.
Engr

Topics: 1

Re: Dull ache feeling, help

Postby bumbumsong » 17 Sep 2016, 12:56

I'd make an appointment for an internal exam...I have had acoscopy twice. You can get a skin tag on your anus that can be painful after a fissure or hemorrhoid.

I get the sharp pain (usually me going AHHHH BUTT CRAMP) near my fissure. It's like a ghost pain. Internal piles can collapse and go inside as they please, especially at stage 2 like mine.

Could you have IBS/IBD? I have all sorts of intestinal issues and I'll start fine in the morning and be in agony by the end of the night.

Hope this helps!

Kat
bumbumsong
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Engr » 17 Sep 2016, 13:09

Thank you Kat. I do not believe I have a tag, as I have no issues on the outside at all. I can feel a very slight soft lump where I did have the original external hem, but it's not on the outside, and not a 'tag' but rather just a softer raised area just inside. Might have even been there my whole life, but never noticed it until after the initial issues.

I do believe I had a bit of a poor diet caused IBS before, which originally caused issues but now with my diet change (and the stopping of chewing tobacco) I pretty much never have diarrhea any more. It's been over a year since I had regular diarrhea. Perhaps some loose stools every now and then, but nothing like before.

I will get checked, I'm just scared. I know he will put things in my bum and I'm scared. Yep, big tough man here. :cry:

I'm convinced it's just an internal hem based on my own research. The only part that concerns me or throws me off is how everything you read says that you're not supposed to feel them due to no nerves up in there. Maybe mine is right on the dentate line which is why I can feel it, and it's cause ghost pains in my groin area.

Thank you.
Engr

Postby bumbumsong » 17 Sep 2016, 13:17

Don't be scared. Tell the doctor you have anxiety about things going in your bum and they'll understand. You can ask for numbing cream, etc. They'll work with you!

It's normal to be freaked. I was like I'M DYING OF BUTT CANCER...nope...just Piles and an anal fissure from food allergies.

It sounds like an internal one, they tend to be soft and kinda spongy. I'd get it checked out though for peace of mind. It helps me when I get similar symptoms that I've been to the doctors about it.

Groin pain..could you have pelvic floor problems? Men can get them too.

http://www.beyondbasicsphysicaltherapy. ... c-pain-men

I feel like I have a foreign object in my buttcheek. I'm in fysio therapy now for my pelvic floor problems.

Hope you get feeling better!

kat
bumbumsong
Salt Bather

Postby Engr » 17 Sep 2016, 13:34

I have read quite a bit about the pelvic floor issues, and levator ani etc. A lot of the symptoms do match what I deal with. However, there is one thing that keeps me from thinking I have pelvic floor issues and that is I can tell that even with the ache, and groin pain... I can tell that it is originating from that problem area in my bum close to the opening.

It's hard to explain, but essentially even though I have this pain in the groin, or front belly lower intestinal pain, I can tell that the source is from just inside my bum on that left upper side. "Groin area" may not be the best description, as it's really more like lower front intestinal area.

Thank you so much for listening.

I guess it is highly possible that it's the other way around and the pelvic floor issues are causing the other pain, but I just don't think so.

The foreign object feeling is something that I feel as well. However it feels more like inside my rectum, on the wall than anything. Like right where a hem would be. Then it just sort of radiates from there to other areas.

I will get checked. I have my 10 year wedding anniversary coming up soon and I told myself I would make an appointment with a CRS after that if I'm not feeling better.
Engr

Postby bumbumsong » 18 Sep 2016, 05:27

I have the foreign object feeling about 5 inches inside my intestines from my anus...it is a strange thing to feel it there and the buttcheek too. Kind of a bend in the bowel feeling?

No problem! :) These things are literally a pain in the butt.

Congrats on your wedding anniversary! :) I Hope the doc appointment goes well! :)

Kat
bumbumsong
Salt Bather