Introducing myself

Need support after anal fissure surgery

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Introducing myself

Postby Aliaa » 19 Sep 2016, 14:11

Hello everyone.
I am new here and thought of introducing myself. I am so glad I find u. I feel here that I amnot alone in suffering. Family and friends support is good but they never feel what we have passed through. I have been constipating since forever and though it ai something normal bec some of family members do constipated but neither developed 2 fissures like me. So I just got to do the surgery. I had a hell of a life post-op, been constipated and tore my fissure once or twice. After a month and a half, I developed a tailbone fistula. I suspect it due to my wrong sitting position for a month (sitting sideways, cannot put pressure on my bum). But I am taking antibiotics and hopefully it is healing. Now after 2 months off surgery I am much better. But I still feel the tightness of the anus,and a bit sore but not much, cannot sit properly on the bum. I donno what to do with that since I am attending school next week. I am so worried.

So I just want people who had done the surgery 2 or 3 or 5 years ago to tell us their experiences. I see people posting who had done it recently only. How do u feel after many years off surgery?! Are u 100%normal?! I am just 22 and hating my life already. I would be very very thankful if u tell us here how did it take u to feel absolutely normal?! Another question is: did u use a cushion that doesn't put pressure on ur fissure?! I have a donut one but scared to use it cuz I heard it puts more pressure on the fissure.
Thank u so much and sorry for the long post
Aliaa
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Introducing myself

Postby Savaici » 19 Sep 2016, 20:26

Welcome to the group! You might like to read the Anal Fissure Success stories part of the forum to get some positive stories. You will find that most who have surgery are gone from the forum once they are healed, and only come back if the can give someone a helping hand, so to speak. 99% or so just get on and move on with their lives. So, I should not worry about six years from now - but just my opinion. By the way, I would not use a donut cushion. Soak your rear end in a sitz bath that you put over the toilet. Much the best. :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Mr Fissure » 22 Sep 2016, 16:52

Yeah, I'd also avoid the donut cushion. Ordered one, opened it and sat on it for a matter of seconds before I realised I'd wasted my money! Literally felt like it was opening my anal passage and my fissure up.
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Aliaa » 23 Sep 2016, 05:27

Thank you guys a lot !! I am sorry for the late reply. Been rough days to me. I was getting better except my anus was felt as tightened and now and then gives mild needle like throbs. Talked to my dr and he gave me Nitroglycerin ointment 0.2%. I applied it yesterday before sleep and as mentioned in its instructions, I felt lightheaded but it disappears and I could sleep at last. When I wake up I felt better with no usual tightness even after the BM (I use to feel it cuz of the antibeotics causing me diarehha and so burning the area). Has anyone tried this ointment?! However, I seem to get my tailbone aching/ sorea bit with no redness or pain when pushed, just ache. Is it normal to feel it after surgery during the healing process?!
I won't use my donut one anymore, I am searching for a soft pillow before school starts on Sun. This recovery time is been given me a hell of time.
Aliaa
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Savaici » 23 Sep 2016, 19:07

Many on here have used the "nitro". Very common medication. Also quite common that it should make you light-headed. If you want to read up on others ' experiences with this, use the Search between FAQ and Portal, where you can search by topic.
I think the pains you are experiencing are normal too. If you want to read a good lot of posts about healing, search for Davo's posts. :huggies:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222