Awful diarrhea for days even after not on Miralax?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Awful diarrhea for days even after not on Miralax?

Postby roseyaa » 20 Sep 2016, 19:30

So I just started taking stool softeners. I tried 1/4 tsp of Lax a Day (Canadian equivalent of Miralax) 3 days ago in the evening on an empty stomach.

The following day, I had 2 bm's - the second one was mush. The whole day my gut had that sore/sensitive feeling like it was irritated.

The following day, same thing - and I had 3 bm's within hours of each other. I didn't immediately think it was the Lax a Day I took because sometimes I get diarrhea when I eat the wrong thing in the morning (e.g. apples, kiwi's).

Today, I ate oatmeal to settle down my stomach. Again, same thing... another bm within 1-2 hours. While it wasn't diarrhea (it was like really really narrow and soft and oily), it feels bad because my gut feels like bm-ing at any moment. It's not excruciatingly pain, but just very irritated.

I started cramping from my period, so this might also affect gut motility.

But I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience taking their stool softeners?

I didn't think 1/4tsp would have that much of an effect. Even so, I stopped taking it for DAYS! Now I'm too scared to touch it.
roseyaa
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Awful diarrhea for days even after not on Miralax?

Postby averageJoe2000 » 23 Sep 2016, 20:30

Maybe it was too big dose. I took too big dose of milk magnesia and it made me have really bad diarreha
averageJoe2000
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Awful diarrhea for days even after not on Miralax?

Postby roseyaa » 23 Sep 2016, 23:27

averageJoe2000 wrote:Maybe it was too big dose. I took too big dose of milk magnesia and it made me have really bad diarreha

How much did you take? I didn't think 1/4 tsp would be that big of a dose! Everyone on here is taking a capful or half of that.
roseyaa
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5