Post fistula surgery with seton

Sex experiences women

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Post fistula surgery with seton

Postby Nurse in pain » 24 Sep 2016, 11:07

Hi guys I had surgery for fistula 1 week ago due to developing a peri anal abscess a year ago. This was 1 month prior to having my baby boy. Had incision and drainage under spinal. Unfortunately over healed to quickly, due to pregnancy hormones so developed a fistula. I have had a seton insitu for 1 week now and it is sore! Am not taking analgesia as would prefer not to and can deal with the discomfort. It really stings when I pass urine. Opening bowels fine thank God and it has not been anywhere near as painful as I had expected it to be in relation to that. However my surgeon who is also a colleague of mine told me I would be able to resume a normal sex life. This is where I can't even imagine letting my boyfriend anywhere near me. It is so tender even when I just touch the seton and the skin around it. I have been wiggling it once a day as I was instructed to do. Holding it near the would site and moving it from side to side hope this is correct? I am a nurse but no experience with setons. Any advice appreciated and sexual relation experiences from women thanks.
Nurse in pain

Topics: 1

Re: Post fistula surgery with seton

Postby Savaici » 24 Sep 2016, 11:36

:wel:

I have not had this surgery, but personally I would go with what my body tells me about sex rather than what the surgeon says.

Here is some information given to patients after having a Seton put in:

"You should abstain from sexual intercourse and not put anything into your rectum or vagina (e.g. tampons) for two weeks after the procedure, as this may cause further damage to your rectum or may dislodge the seton.

After two weeks you can return to sexual intercourse if you feel comfortable but please still take care to make sure you do not dislodge the seton."

:smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Nurse in pain » 24 Sep 2016, 11:42

Thanks Savaici for your message. Yes this is the only info I have been given post op. I always listen to my body and at the min it's saying no way! Was just wondering if any ladies on here that had the operation and experiences post op.
Nurse in pain

Postby Savaici » 24 Sep 2016, 11:55

Try a search on the forum, up above between FAQ and Portal, and see what you can come up with. Search by topic. But in the end, if your body says no, I would go with that!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Nurse in pain » 24 Sep 2016, 14:35

Will do thanks Savaici x
Nurse in pain