External Hemmie / Had LIS a year ago

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

External Hemmie / Had LIS a year ago

Postby unluckyone » 05 Oct 2016, 11:01

Hello!

Not new to this forum, just misplaced my login information.

June 2015 was the month I had LIS surgery and things were the most amazing they have been in the past 4-5 years! Recovery was great, no complications. My change in diet made things a lot easier and they stayed that way until recently.

My wife had a stomach bug which put her in the bathroom several times per day for 2 days, eventually I got it too. Mine was a lot more mild than hers, I just went 3 times within a short period of hours, and I slept it off the rest of the day. It was mainly diarrhea with stomach cramps...next day I was totally fine to the point that I went out mountain biking for a few hours.

The day after mountain biking I noticed a small bump outside of my anus while I was cleansing myself, which continued to grow up to the size of a blueberry. It's been a whole 7 days now and the lump is still there, I have no pain, no bleeding or itching. The discomfort has been very minor, so I'm very confused if this is even a Hemmie. I have my appointment with the CRS on the 17th, maybe we will go through a surgery yearly....

I'm very annoyed, I'm 32 years old, healthy and conscious about my eating habits and working out as well. Between Cross Fit and Cycling for the past few years I'm in the best shape ever but things like this keep happening to me.

I'm also afraid that it will thromboses and cause pain...I don't want that!

Any recommendations? Anyone else had this happening after LIS?

Thank you!
unluckyone
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: External Hemmie / Had LIS a year ago

Postby LemonMan » 10 Oct 2016, 05:46

Hi unluckyone,

No expert, but sounds like either a hemmie or beginnings of an abscess. Your CRS will know straight away. If it's an external hemmie, then they might offer to inject it. If it's an abscess then they will need to lance it - the sooner the better. I find myself in the same boat with having a small lump appear in the last few days in the same position. Having had an abscess before, I'm leaning in that direction at the moment, but it could equally be a hemmie. Either way we are both unlucky together :-) Keep us posted on what your CRS says and good luck.
Last edited by LemonMan on 10 Oct 2016, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby unluckyone » 10 Oct 2016, 07:41

Hi LemonMan,

Thanks for your input. The Abscess or Hemmie is actually on the opposite side of the LIS, which is even more confusing in my opinion. Also I've noticed that some days are a tad smaller than others but I can't pinpoint exactly what makes it grow. It might be my imagination and desire for the thing to go away so I can finish this mountain bike season in good terms.

Best of luck to you too, I'll post what comes out of my appointment on the 17th.
unluckyone
Fibre Addict

Postby Happyending » 10 Oct 2016, 20:20

Is your LIS incision on the right side and this hemmie on the left side? That's how it is in my case. We all have hems on the left, that's how my CRS explained it. She said she usually makes the LIS incision on the right to avoid cutting into a hem. In my case I got a thrombosed hem, opposite side of LIS, which initially surprised me.
Happyending
Salt Bather

Postby unluckyone » 11 Oct 2016, 07:50

Happyending wrote:Is your LIS incision on the right side and this hemmie on the left side? That's how it is in my case. We all have hems on the left, that's how my CRS explained it. She said she usually makes the LIS incision on the right to avoid cutting into a hem. In my case I got a thrombosed hem, opposite side of LIS, which initially surprised me.

Happyending,

My Fissure was on the left, and to be honest I'm not sure if the incision for LIS was on the right or left. The "Hemmie" is on the right side.
unluckyone
Fibre Addict

Postby LemonMan » 12 Oct 2016, 09:38

Just thought I would update you on my situation as it sounded similar to you. Around 5 days ago I noticed a small lump in the same place you described. Saw my CRS this morning and he said is was a thrombosed hemorrhoid and would probably disappear in 6-8 weeks. I guess he knows what he is talking about (well hopefully). Hope you have the same prognosis.

LemonMan
LemonMan
VIP

Postby Happyending » 13 Oct 2016, 01:29

Hey Lemonman, that sounds similar to what I have. Mine was really bad, but has reduced quite a bit since. Still has some way to go, and my CRS told me it will take 6-8 weeks.
Happyending
Salt Bather

Postby unluckyone » 13 Oct 2016, 07:54

LemonMan wrote:Just thought I would update you on my situation as it sounded similar to you. Around 5 days ago I noticed a small lump in the same place you described. Saw my CRS this morning and he said is was a thrombosed hemorrhoid and would probably disappear in 6-8 weeks. I guess he knows what he is talking about (well hopefully). Hope you have the same prognosis.

LemonMan

Are you experiencing any pain? I've read that once they thrombose they start hurting.

If it is an external hemmie in my case, I would like my CRS to remove it. I can see it flaring up again and again since I'm into weight lifting doing cross fit.

Thanks for the update! I will update this thread after my appointment on Monday.
unluckyone
Fibre Addict

Postby LemonMan » 15 Oct 2016, 03:31

No pain. A little sensitive to the touch, but hardly noticeable. My main worry was it was it might have been an abscess. I've had one of those before and it wasn't pleasant to say the least. I'm actually thankful it's "just a hemorrhoid". It seems to be starting to subside a little now, so fingers crossed.
LemonMan
VIP

Postby unluckyone » 18 Oct 2016, 15:10

Just an update...after seeing my CRS yesterday he determined I do have a thrombosed external hemmie. Since there's no pain, he recommended to let it be and wait until my body reabsorbs it. Sigh...and I thought I was out of the woods after the LIS surgery.
unluckyone
Fibre Addict